Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
No worries, good to have you on the board. Good thing you are a Bucs fan in Iowa, isn't Iowa blocked out from 27 major league teams on MLB.TV (actually it is 6).
Yes. It drives me nuts. I'm in northwest Iowa, Sioux City to be precise. I can count on one hand the number of Brewers, White Sox, and Royals fans I know. Actually, I don't know any. Yet all three, in addition to the Cards, Cubs, and Twins, are blacked out here. The only regional sports network that any of the cable companies carry around here is FSN North (Twins RSN). It's really out of spite that I wait to purchase MLB.tv. Last week it was on sale for $50.00 for the year, so I bought it. But, it really bugs me that anytime the Pirates play the Cards, Brewers, or Cubs, I'm out of luck. And given that they are all NL Central teams, that's a full third of the schedule. It just seems to me that if you pay for something, you ought to be able to watch the games.

At this stage, I'm just hoping they can stay in the race a little longer. I think the Bucs are legit, but if I'm being honest, they aren't in the same league as the Reds and Cards. As of right now, they have winning records against both teams (4-3, 3-2 respectively) but I'm just not sold. Our hitting just doesn't match up. Our pitching staff is in shambles. We've got a stacked farm, so I could see Pitt being good for a long time...I'm just not sure this is the year. I hope it is, but I have my doubts.