Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 6/17/13 Reds v. Pirates - Welcome to the bullpen, Mr. Cingrani

Re: 6/17/13 Reds v. Pirates - Welcome to the bullpen, Mr. Cingrani

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    No worries, good to have you on the board. Good thing you are a Bucs fan in Iowa, isn't Iowa blocked out from 27 major league teams on MLB.TV (actually it is 6).
    Yes. It drives me nuts. I'm in northwest Iowa, Sioux City to be precise. I can count on one hand the number of Brewers, White Sox, and Royals fans I know. Actually, I don't know any. Yet all three, in addition to the Cards, Cubs, and Twins, are blacked out here. The only regional sports network that any of the cable companies carry around here is FSN North (Twins RSN). It's really out of spite that I wait to purchase MLB.tv. Last week it was on sale for $50.00 for the year, so I bought it. But, it really bugs me that anytime the Pirates play the Cards, Brewers, or Cubs, I'm out of luck. And given that they are all NL Central teams, that's a full third of the schedule. It just seems to me that if you pay for something, you ought to be able to watch the games.

At this stage, I'm just hoping they can stay in the race a little longer. I think the Bucs are legit, but if I'm being honest, they aren't in the same league as the Reds and Cards. As of right now, they have winning records against both teams (4-3, 3-2 respectively) but I'm just not sold. Our hitting just doesn't match up. Our pitching staff is in shambles. We've got a stacked farm, so I could see Pitt being good for a long time...I'm just not sure this is the year. I hope it is, but I have my doubts.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    I have on many occasions told you, my Reds family, about marrying a Pittsburgh girl and the problems that has caused me (not with my lovely wife, but the in-laws). I think you're getting a taste this night. Dd to the fact that we get ROOTS Sports Pittsburgh here in addition to FSO. I couldn't resist turning over to the Pittsburgh station after the game and I heard the same thing over and over. Small ballpark, hitters ballpark, and cheap home runs. They roll out "expert" Kent Tukelve to tell us how the Pirates actually won and how Chapman is dangerous. Gawd, I hope so. Never mid that those Buccos played in the same place the Reds did and scored one run.

And yet,they have the force with them. They are pitching better than the Reds most days and hitting enough to win. With smoke and mirrors, but no matter, it's working so far. The Reds must take three out of four this series or my life will be Hell. Go Reds.

That's just silly. GABP is a hitter's park, but Cozart and Frazier's homers were crushed. Would have been out of most, if not all, parks. I've never been a big fan if Teke's.

4. Likes:

WVRedsFan (06-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by IABucFan View Post
    That's just silly. GABP is a hitter's park, but Cozart and Frazier's homers were crushed. Would have been out of most, if not all, parks. I've never been a big fan if Teke's.
    Lets be very clear. Those two balls would have been out of Yellowstone Park.

6. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (06-18-2013),WVRedsFan (06-18-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (06-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Lets be very clear. Those two balls would have been out of Yellowstone Park.
    Petco we the only one I was thinking might have held them. Wasn't sure though.

And yet the Burgh homers play their "little old us with a gonzo attitude" routine so much. Pittsburgh is a great place, but that act is so lame.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Petco we the only one I was thinking might have held them. Wasn't sure though.
    Not even there. Even Hurdle got caught up in it. No class.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

And yet the Burgh homers play their "little old us with a gonzo attitude" routine so much. Pittsburgh is a great place, but that act is so lame.
    Huh?

Not even there. Even Hurdle got caught up in it. No class.
    Didn't see it...can't comment. Maybe being a tad too sensitive?

Yes. It drives me nuts. I'm in northwest Iowa, Sioux City to be precise. I can count on one hand the number of Brewers, White Sox, and Royals fans I know. Actually, I don't know any. Yet all three, in addition to the Cards, Cubs, and Twins, are blacked out here. The only regional sports network that any of the cable companies carry around here is FSN North (Twins RSN). It's really out of spite that I wait to purchase MLB.tv. Last week it was on sale for $50.00 for the year, so I bought it. But, it really bugs me that anytime the Pirates play the Cards, Brewers, or Cubs, I'm out of luck. And given that they are all NL Central teams, that's a full third of the schedule. It just seems to me that if you pay for something, you ought to be able to watch the games.
    I feel your pain. Over here in Nebraska it's almost the same, except that thankfully I get to see most Reds games.

I feel your pain. Over here in Nebraska it's almost the same, except that thankfully I get to see most Reds games.

Boy, it must really be bad in Nebraska.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Boy, it must really be bad in Nebraska.
    So you're saying I should have quadruple posted instead of just 3x...duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    So you're saying I should have quadruple posted instead of just 3x...duly noted.
    Hey, Nebraska, the same thing happened to me a few minutes ago in the Golf Thread. That's never happened to me before. Weird stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Rocco
    Polo?

Turn Off Ads?