Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Minor League Updates: Monday 6/17/2013

Minor League Updates: Monday 6/17/2013

Louisville is at Durham. Pedro Villarreal on the mound. That speaks volumes.

Villarreal was roughed up early and often. He needs a confidence boost or something. Final line for Pedro: 1.2IP 8H 8R 8ER 1BB 1K.
    Jose Arredondo on in longggg relief. 2 shutout frames so far.

Chris Heisey is rehabbing and in the lineup. He has singled in two trips.
    Felix Perez and Josh Fellhauer both singled and scored in the second. Jason Donald and Kris "bring him up please" Negron singled them home.

Durham leads 8-2.

Buttkicking night down on the farms. Unfortunately, a couple of Reds' minor league teams were on the receiving end.

Durham pounded the Bats 16-3.

Heisey, Rodriguez and Negron with two hits each.

As for the pitching? Well, Jose Arredondo did pitch two scoreless innings. Nick Christiani came on and coughed up four. Corky Miller played sacrifical lamb for two innings. He also was touched up for four runs.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-17-2013 at 11:49 PM.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Minor League Updates: Monday 6/17/2013

Pensacola is at home tonight versus the BayBears of Mobile. Josh Smith hurling.

And quite effectively at that. His season keeps getting better and better. Four scoreless frames so far.
    Travis Mattair has furnished the offense with a solo blast. Number seven on the season for Mattair.

Devin Lohman has the highest batting average of any of the starters tonight for Pensacola. A cool .239. Not surprisingly Mattair's home run is the only Pensacola hit through four.

Wahoo 1 BayBears 0.

Note: And before I could finish typing this, Smith allows a leadoff home run in the fifth. Scored tied at 1.

The Pensacola lineup didn't hold the promise of many hits and it didn't deliver many either. Mattair's solo blast was the Wahoos' solo hit.

Josh Smith surrendered four runs in six innings. I believe that I jinxed him.

Jamie Walczak was welcomed to AA by getting torched for four runs in two-thirds of an inning. Josh Ravin continued to be Josh Ravin. Three runs in two-thirds of an inning. Loek Van Mil finally came on and restored some semblance of order. 1.2 innings of hitless, shutout relief.

Mobile 11 Pensacola 1.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-17-2013 at 11:53 PM.

DSL Orioles A team edged the DSL Reds by a score of 5-4.

There was absolutely nothing of note from the pitching side of things. Two hurlers took the mound and they both performed in a mediocre fashion.

The Dominican stickmen did slap out nine singles. Miguel Mendez, Raynar Guerrero and Jose de Luna had two each.

Jose Siri went 1-5 but did notch an outfield assist.

Still waiting on the DSL Rojos. Maybe something will pop up there. Of course, there is a 50/50 chance it will be a DBacks' prospect instead of a Reds' prospect.

Limited schedule and the pickings will be slim for Mace in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Still waiting on the DSL Rojos. Maybe something will pop up there. Of course, there is a 50/50 chance it will be a DBacks' prospect instead of a Reds' prospect.

Limited schedule and the pickings will be slim for Mace in the morning.
    I very nearly went with that highly questionable prospect, Nobody. But Corky, once again, saved the day.

A note on the Rojos . . . I don't know the precise makeup of that roster, but every player I've checked on shows up as a Reds prospect (as opposed to Diamondbacks).

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    I very nearly went with that highly questionable prospect, Nobody. But Corky, once again, saved the day.

A note on the Rojos . . . I don't know the precise makeup of that roster, but every player I've checked on shows up as a Reds prospect (as opposed to Diamondbacks).
    I noticed that as well. But I certain it showed earlier in the season that the two teams were splitting that affliliate. Now, I think it is made of entirely Reds' prospects.

Turn Off Ads?