Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sick Homer Bailey Numbers

Sick Homer Bailey Numbers

In his last four trips to the mound - three regular season and one postseason - Homer Bailey has thrown up some fairly unbelievable numbers. Read them and cheer!

IP - 26.0
    H - 7
    R - 1
    ER - 1
    BB - 5
    K - 32

That works out to the following rate stats:

ERA - 0.35
    K/BB - 6.4
    WHIP - .051
    K/9 - 11.1
    BB/9 - 1.7

Toss in that he was facing some pretty stout ballclubs (SF/STL/WSH/PIT) and that makes it pretty remarkable. Let the good times roll.

Kudos to Homer!

2. Likes:

RedsBrick (04-06-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sick Homer Bailey Numbers

Whip would be .51, no?

Err .46 rather. Still incredible.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I'd love to see Bailey and Choo signed very long term.

7. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (04-06-2013)

Great numbers.

I think Bailey's going to be a key to this season. I'm glad he got his first W in his first trip to the mound....get that confidence going in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    In his last four trips to the mound - three regular season and one postseason - Homer Bailey has thrown up some fairly unbelievable numbers. Read them and cheer!

IP - 26.0
    H - 7
    R - 1
    ER - 1
    BB - 5
    K - 32

ERA - 0.35
    K/BB - 6.4
    WHIP - .51
    K/9 - 11.1
    BB/9 - 1.7

Toss in that he was facing some pretty stout ballclubs (SF/STL/WSH/PIT) and that makes it pretty remarkable. Let the good times roll.

Kudos to Homer!

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Whip would be .51, no?
    Yep. I fixed it.

Just an observation with no real way to prove it... It seemed in the past that Homer would slow his pace to almost a creep when he had runners on base. I know he had some issues controlling the running game during his first seasons but now it seems like he's let that go. Even with runners on base, he keeps his timing and rhythm. It doesn't seem like he "labors" with guys on base. He gets the ball back and gets back on the rubber.

Of course, some of that probably stems from him not allowing as many base runners. I dunno. Just an observation.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

It may still be premature, but at this point I have to credit the people who remained in Bailey's camp. For a few years, he was the guy I wanted the Reds to trade. He never seemed to be able to get over the hump, and I wasn't a fan of his demeanor. To me, he just didn't seem to be wired for success. But since late last year, he has certainly gone a long way toward proving himself. He no longer unravels. He consistently throws strikes. He adjusts to his stuff. He does some of his best work in big games. He is, in short, looking very, very good. And man, what a difference it makes in the ballclub.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    It may still be premature, but at this point I have to credit the people who remained in Bailey's camp. For a few years, he was the guy I wanted the Reds to trade. He never seemed to be able to get over the hump, and I wasn't a fan of his demeanor. To me, he just didn't seem to be wired for success. But since late last year, he has certainly gone a long way toward proving himself. He no longer unravels. He consistently throws strikes. He adjusts to his stuff. He does some of his best work in big games. He is, in short, looking very, very good. And man, what a difference it makes in the ballclub.
    He's a pitcher, now.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post

IP - 26.0
    H - 7
    R - 1
    ER - 1
    BB - 5
    K - 32

ERA - 0.35
    K/BB - 6.4
    WHIP - .051
    K/9 - 11.1
    BB/9 - 1.7

Kudos to Homer!
    And how many of those games did Hanigan catch? I think this is why Dusty said on the pregame with Marty that he was having Ryan still catching last night.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    He's a pitcher, now.
    Perhaps. One thing I noticed yesterday is he's finishing his pitches much better than he used to.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I would love to see homer stay with us for a long time and we could have the most dominant pitching staff in reds history.....Cueto, latos, bailey, then you have 2 studs in Cingrani and Corcino if they only developed like they are proving they can we wil be hard to face in a few years....

The backside to that is the fact that homer has made mention several times that he does not like GABP.....money talks but I would assume that several teams will come calling in 2014 at the end of the season....lets hope homer has some "Barry Larkin" in him.

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    I would love to see homer stay with us for a long time and we could have the most dominant pitching staff in reds history.....Cueto, latos, bailey, then you have 2 studs in Cingrani and Corcino if they only developed like they are proving they can we wil be hard to face in a few years....

The backside to that is the fact that homer has made mention several times that he does not like GABP.....money talks but I would assume that several teams will come calling in 2014 at the end of the season....lets hope homer has some "Barry Larkin" in him.
    He's one of those guys that I could see wanting to go back home to Texas. Hope he doesn't though.

Quote Originally Posted by kearns and dunn View Post
    He's one of those guys that I could see wanting to go back home to Texas. Hope he doesn't though.
    Yes....that scares me. I hate the fact that the Reds groomed him and turned him into who he is and he can just sign with any team.....oh we'll, I guess that's free agency for ya.....pros and cons with everything. Like I said, hopefully he has a little Larkin running through his blood.

Turn Off Ads?