Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pirate announcer rants on Reds pitchers........

Re: Pirate announcer rants on Reds pitchers........

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I wonder if, at this moment, there's a bit of a Penguins angst spillover. Seems like there was some serious shock over the Pittsburgh hockey team getting swept out of the playoffs.

Can't say I was sad to see that as the Pens fans' strident support of serial sociopath Matt Cooke left me thoroughly disgusted.
    And don't forget that the Steelers failed to make the playoffs last year.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Wasn't it Steve Blass who was calling for the Pirates to drill Choo when the Reds were in Pittsburgh?

Of course, if Blass were still pitching, all Choo would have to do is stand on the plate and he would never get hit in a million years.
    We should be kind to Blass. He lost his mind when Bob Moose threw a wild pitch.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

When your team has not won a World Series since 1979 you would complain about the nacho cheese dip not being hot enough.

I was at the game. Leake acknowledged to McCut... It was not intentional. It got away from Leake. That was obvious to everyone.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Well, the Pirates have a program that you can "Ask Teke"

Here is how it works:
    ROOT SPORTSTM ASK TEKE
    Kent Tekulve, former MLB right-handed Relief Pitcher for the Pittsburgh Pirates, joins ROOT SPORTSTM following every Pirates telecast as an Analyst for the Postgame Show.

Teke, known as a workhorse relief pitcher, who holds several records for number of games & innings pitched, is ready with our team of experts to answer your questions about the Bucs and break down key plays from the game.

Do you have a question that you would like Kent Tekulve to answer? Text your Pittsburgh Pirates and Baseball questions to ASK TEKE. Your question could be answered LIVE during the Pirates Postgame ASK TEKE segment after every game on ROOT SPORTSTM .

To submit your question, text TEKE followed by your question & name to 412412.

No Purchase Necessary or Charge to Text Your Question to ROOT SPORTSTM ASK TEKE.
    *Message and Data Rates May Apply.
    Your carrier's standard messaging and data rates apply to all SMS correspondence. Other charges may apply. Available on participating carriers. To end this service, text "STOP" to 412412.
    I think we should all send questions to him tonight that go along the lines of "Is it true the Bucs lead the NL in hit batsmen?" or "Did the Pirates really hit 5 Reds players during the last series?"

We can at least let them know that there is another side to the issue than what Walk says...
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

6. Likes:

Chip R (06-18-2013),reds1869 (06-18-2013),remdog (06-19-2013),Tom Servo (06-18-2013),WVRedsFan (06-18-2013)

Except the Pirates announcers.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Quote Originally Posted by IABucFan View Post
    Ahh...No wonder I didn't remember it. I was out of the country at the time.
    Ya, I wasn't really bringing it up to complain about our guys getting hit. It happens. That particular inning stood out though because Phillips got hurt and then 2 batters later we had 2nd and 3rd, 2 outs in a spot where Frazier would normally be walked or pitched around instead they threw right at him. Regardless of what has or hasn't happened by either team prior or since, that inning was as bad as we've faced all year. I certainly thought of it immediately when I saw the pitches in last night's game.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    It seems to be ongoing, but that does probably exacerbate things. A couple of months til the Steelers are back so baseball is probably where the angst is getting directed.

I like Matt Cooke and think that the Bruins have a knack for bringing out the Penguins' dormant sociopaths, but I guess that's for another thread.

And IABucFan, I definitely wasn't talking about you. Much moreso Buccos' announcers and a general fan mentality right now.
    Ahh...I see. Cool.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    I don't think he was talking about you, so I think you're cool.
    Reminder: vaticanplum is a she.

*goes back to lurking*
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

And this is coming from somebody who really does think Chapman toes the line sometimes.
    Toes the line or crosses the line?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I like Matt Cooke and think that the Bruins have a knack for bringing out the Penguins' dormant sociopaths, but I guess that's for another thread.
    I think he should be locked in a room with all the players whose careers he's tried to end over the years (it would need to be a big room), but you're right that's for another thread.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Toes the line or crosses the line?
    What you said
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

What you said
    Senior moment?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Senior moment?
    TOO SOON
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

16. Likes:

Chip R (06-18-2013),HeatherC1212 (06-18-2013),WVRedsFan (06-18-2013)

Well, they did injure our clean up hitter/All Star second baseman. They seem to conveniently forget about that. Imagine the reaction if Latos injured McCutchen and cost him a few games.

I love the reputation Reds pitching has.

If anything I think we owe them a couple. I like having Latos on the mound against the Pirates, because I know they'll likely throw at our guys and Latos will bring it right back at them.

18. Likes:

WVRedsFan (06-18-2013)

Turn Off Ads?