Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Padres are 1 game out

The Padres are 1 game out

It's turning into a great competition for 1st place in the N.L West. The most remarkable thing about it is San Diego, after winning 7 straight, is only 1 game out.

They were a team that was picked to be one of the worst 5 teams in MLB, and early on they appeared to be going that way, but now they are right in the mix.

It's always fun for me to see teams that were written off prove people wrong. Kinda like Oakland and Baltimore last year.

It will be interesting to see if they can keep it up, especially since their lineup is scattered with former Reds.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I'm hoping they're last years A's. I like that Pads team.

Re: The Padres are 1 game out

It's only 168 plate appearances so far, but Kyle Blanks is showing why he's always been such an intriuging player if he can stay healthy. Dude is a freakin BEAST.

I don't think the Pads have enough to ultimately hang with Arizona and San Francisco, but I'll be pulling for them. Note also that their two most effective starting pitchers to this point are Eric Stults and Jason Marquis.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I was hoping the Padres could be a bit of a breather for the Reds. Now it doesn't look that way so much. Really amazing turnaround they have had just recently.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

......and Toronto has won 8 in a row and is 1 game under .500, but still in last place in the AL East. Tough division.

Baltimore has overtaken the Yanks and moved into second place.

San Diego has now lost 9 straight, are 9 under .500 and will fall to 7.5 back with an Arizona win today.

That's the way baseball goes.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

8. Likes:

LexRedsFan (07-07-2013)

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    San Diego has now lost 9 straight, are 9 under .500 and will fall to 7.5 back with an Arizona win today.

That's the way baseball goes.
    Grandal and Alonso both on the DL.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Turn Off Ads?