Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Which game of the Reds/Pirates series will the benches clear ?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Game 2

1 2.08%
  • Game 3

3 6.25%
  • Game 4

4 8.33%
  • They won't. Cooler heads prevail.

40 83.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Benches clearing predicition

Re: Benches clearing predicition

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Not gonna happen - this is a media/fan thing at this point.
    That's what I thought and how I voted, but then I saw Mat Latos' comments.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I voted no, fans and sports writers usually make too much of these things. The main objective is to win, so no one wants to give up a base. However if it's 6-0 at some point I wouldn't be surprised to see a Pirate beaned. I don't expect the benches to clear.

I don't think it's just fans/broadcasters. Remember what's his face on the Pirates straight up ramming someone on their way to first base last year? The things Latos has said? I don't know where to find team vs. team HBP stats, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Pirates plunking Reds leads the category.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see BP get drilled today. If they cause him to miss more time, I hope Walt or somebody takes all the video of their announcers saying unbelievable crap and video of all the HBP against them to the league. Hell, if he doesn't miss more time they should still do it if he gets drilled today.

If the league won't do anything about it, then I don't even know where to go from there. Open season on Pirate batters?

I think their inability to finish at or over .500 has caused some serious insecurities. The recent success of the Reds have them jealous and they're lashing out. If you can't beat 'em (or anyone else), throw at 'em!

I think the closeness of all the games during the series helped defuse any thoughts of getting ejected.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

6. Likes:

RedFanAlways1966 (06-20-2013)

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    I think the closeness of all the games during the series helped defuse any thoughts of getting ejected.
    If you had a larger hockey stick than others on the ice or wore gloves on the soccer field, I'd call this a SAVE!
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Turn Off Ads?