Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Offseason 2015

NFL Offseason 2015

Admins if you want to lump all the NFL Offseason Threads into one fine. I didn't want to detract from the Bengals fans and thread with a simple NFL one and not hijack the Manziel thread any more.

Here is the 2015 NFL schedules for all teams:
    http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl/2015-...-schedules.php

Raiders get a much fairer and balanced schedule IMO.
    Home Denver, Kansas City, San Diego, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Green Bay, Minnesota, NY Jets
    Away Denver, Kansas City, San Diego, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Detroit, Tennessee

I will gladly take this over traveling 36,000+ miles this year. Including a "home game" in London. I do need to pay attention as there will be multiple opportunities for me to see the Raiders within reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NFL Offseason 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I think this is his last shot. We have to show substantial growth for him to keep his job. The schedule for Oakland next year isn't nearly as insane as it was this year (if you look at just 2014 results).
    I imagine you read the Contra Costa Times. They're usually pretty good with stories on the Raiders. Their beat reporters have generally asked tough questions. You need that from a beat reporter.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I imagine you read the Contra Costa Times. They're usually pretty good with stories on the Raiders. Their beat reporters have generally asked tough questions. You need that from a beat reporter.
    Moreso gut instinct. GMs are still determined largely by Ws and Ls, and frankly there hasn't been much. I know hindsight 20/20 but they should have canned Allen LAST Year and started fresh with the team this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

No team comes close to traveling as far as the Seahawks do every season. They usually log on one trip the total number of miles the Bengals do for an entire season. It's rare when the Bengals ever have to travel past the Mississippi River, yet the Seahawks make 5000-6000 mile round trips two times a year. People forget that Arizona, a Division opponent, is 2232 miles roundtrip with Seattle. Cincinnati to Atlanta (what one considers a "long" distance for the Bengals), roundtrip is only 741 miles.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

My team (Tampa) has the number 1 pick. I hope they stay as far from Jameis Winston as possible.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-03-2015),redsfanmia (02-04-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    My team (Tampa) has the number 1 pick. I hope they stay as far from Jameis Winston as possible.
    If I were running the Bucs I would try to trade down, let someone else sate their QB hunger on Winston or Mariota. I don't like either of them as prospects.

Then if you are Tampa you can pick up one of the well regarded DEs or the tackle from Iowa in the middle of the top 10, fill one of the other most important positions on the field for a few years if you get it right, and draft a project QB with less investment in the third round or so. Though, the QB class is really, really weak this year from top to bottom.
    Last edited by zjr1717; 02-03-2015 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zjr1717 View Post
    If I were running the Bucs I would try to trade down, let someone else sate their QB hunger on Winston or Mariota. I don't like either of them as prospects.

Then if you are Tampa you can pick up one of the well regarded DEs or the tackle from Iowa in the middle of the top 10, fill one of the other most important positions on the field for a few years if you get it right, and draft a project QB with less investment in the third round or so. Though, the QB class is really, really weak this year from top to bottom.
    IMO Tampa either takes Mariota or Winston. You can't win in the league with out a QB. I don't see them trading down and taking a project unless they fall in love with a Brett Hundley type QB. Project type QB's that actually make it in the league are few and far between. For every Russell Wilson there are countless QB's taken as projects who end up out of the league very quickly.

The Bucs should probably do the opposite of what Lovie Smith thinks they should do. Ditto that with the Titans and Ken Whisenhunt.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-03-2015),Slyder (02-03-2015)

If I was Tennessee, I'd draft Mariota, and let he and Mettenberger play out the next two seasons and see who comes out on top. As many games as are played now (with more potentially in the near future by the greedy owners) you need two good Quarterbacks (in a league where there's only 20 in any given year).

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I've lived here 20 years...I can't get into them.

Though I do live off the same road as their stadium. Which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    IMO Tampa either takes Mariota or Winston. You can't win in the league with out a QB. I don't see them trading down and taking a project unless they fall in love with a Brett Hundley type QB. Project type QB's that actually make it in the league are few and far between. For every Russell Wilson there are countless QB's taken as projects who end up out of the league very quickly.
    Agreed.

IMO, the choice for Tampa Bay is easy due to the fact that one of the top two projected QBs has already demonstrated that he can make the type of throws that some current starting QBs cannot. And, as much as I like him, it's not Mariota.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

15. Likes:

Tom Servo (02-03-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    If you don't think Mariota or Winston is a bonafide franchise guy then there is no point in wasting a pick on one of them. I don't think either of them will be that kind of guy.

Investing in a QB early in the draft that isn't gonna be the guy is the worst thing you can do. You either get someone terrible and are set back at least a year, or someone who is just good enough to make you keep thinking he can be the real deal, so you keep running him out there. I'd be happy to just take the best non QB and wait until a deeper QB class or a very promising free agent arises. You can win in this league without a real deal QB, just look at the Bengals, Dalton is below average at best. What you probably won't do is win it all unless your average guy gets hot for 3 or 4 games (see Flacco, Joe).

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I've lived here 20 years...I can't get into them.

Though I do live off the same road as their stadium. Which is nice.

Oh Dale Mabry... everything really is right there.

Traffic can be a ***** though.

I miss Publix.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Agreed.

IMO, the choice for Tampa Bay is easy due to the fact that one of the top two projected QBs has already demonstrated that he can make the type of throws that some current starting QBs cannot. And, as much as I like him, it's not Mariota.
    The problem with Winston is that the NFL's new conduct policy takes past violations or actions (even in college) into consideration when handing down punishment in the future. That means he won't be a first time offender and would, potentially, be subject to suspensions and enhanced punishment on his first incident.

That's not good, given the fact that he's been so prone to mental lapses off the field.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Good article by LaCanfora on the mess that is the Browns...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...nfora/25038103

Alec Scheiner, the team president who grew in power and influence a year ago after Banner and Lombardi were shown the door after just one season together, has become a divisive figure in the organization as well, gaining an increasing voice in personnel matters, well beyond just analytics. At 6 a.m. every Monday, Pettine is joined by Farmer and Scheiner to watch film, with the division between ownership and day-to-day coaching decisions becoming increasingly blurred.

"Jimmy is way too hands on," said one team source. "He's like Jerry Jones, only without the football knowledge. There's tension between Alec and Pettine. Everybody sees that. Alec is involved in everything; it's too much for him. There are no divisions. The guys on the business side want to run football operations. The GM wants to coach the team and have input on play calling. Jimmy calls the shots, and everyone is afraid of him with that quick trigger finger. If you stand up to Jimmy, he's done with you. Jimmy's own worst enemy is Jimmy." "It's a mess," another team source said. "Everyone is trying to do everyone else's job. It's crazy."

Turn Off Ads?