Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Hernandez Might be Cut from my Fantasy Team

Re: Aaron Hernandez Might be Cut from my Fantasy Team

Leonard Little's case is even worse than Stallworth's, IMO.

And good move by the Patriots.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I had issues when I was young as well. I imagine that all of us might have in one way or another. However, it is simply amazing to me how many of these athletic stars show no responsibility or even worse no maturity. Are they to believe that they are above the law? Are they to believe there are no consequences to their actions? Are they to believe they are Gods?

They have a life that a lot of us dream about and aspire for. Why do so many wad it up and throw it in a trash can? Pitiful.
    Yep! Ever since high school, these kids are given everything. They can do what they want and take no responsibility for it. It's a shame.

4. Likes:

Joseph (06-26-2013)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jmiller21kg View Post
    Yep! Ever since high school, these kids are given everything. They can do what they want and take no responsibility for it. It's a shame.
    Unacceptable in my opinion. Either be a good citizen or make your home at the "Gray Bar Hotel" and I don't care who you are.

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-26-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Somehow I just don't buy that. I understand the ideology, but it doesn't work for me.
    Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is right, but it absolutely happens that way for elite level athletes and even not so elite level athletes at the high school levels in certain schools that take their sports very seriously.

8. Likes:

Razor Shines (06-26-2013),Revering4Blue (06-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is right, but it absolutely happens that way for elite level athletes and even not so elite level athletes at the high school levels in certain schools that take their sports very seriously.
    I completely understand bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Leonard Little's case is even worse than Stallworth's, IMO.
    And Rae Carruth's even worse.

Hernandez has now been charged with murder. Live coverage on ESPN News as I type.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Yep, look at the University of North Carolina if anyone needs proof of this.

12. Likes:

WMR (06-26-2013)

The whole damn thing is just bizarre.....and I think in the end it will be very sad. A man is already dead and I presume Hernandez knows something about it. I need to give him a call and shout in his ear, "5 YEARS, 40 MILLION DOLLARS, WHAT EXACTLY WERE YOU THINKING ABOUT?" Simply pitiful.
    I'm not sure why the contract makes this more sad than any other similar situation.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I'm not sure why the contract makes this more sad than any other similar situation.
    I suppose murder is murder and it is sad all the way around. But the legal system recognizes different degrees of murder and I do too in my own way. My thoughts are the man had everything going for him and he possibly took someone else's life...for what? Desperation? He needed money? He needed love? He had the American Dream to the max and it is gonna go down the toilet.

Too bad Johnnie isn't still alive.

If the teeth marks aren't the same, he ain't to blame.

The Bubblicious Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Too bad Johnnie isn't still alive.

If the teeth marks aren't the same, he ain't to blame.

The Bubblicious Defense.
    I thought that was the "Big League Chew" defense?

Murder? Wow! I thought it would be obstruction but I guess it's murder. I wonder if the murder charge is just something to get him to roll over on his friends - if they were the guilty party(ies) and they will drop the murder charge for his testimony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Murder? Wow! I thought it would be obstruction but I guess it's murder. I wonder if the murder charge is just something to get him to roll over on his friends - if they were the guilty party(ies) and they will drop the murder charge for his testimony.
    I'm guessing it's the other way around.

It will be interesting to see what path his defense lawyers choose.

A) He's innocent. He wasn't the man who shot Odin Lloyd.

B) The killing was not premeditated. Lloyd was abusing his g/f's sister and he brought him to that location with the plan of merely threatening him and/or trying to scare him. Something went wrong... A struggle? An argument? And he shot him in the ensuing whatever... In other words, trying to mitigate it to a 2nd or 3rd degree charge.

Much will likely depend on the testimony of the two other men who are apparent witnesses to the events of that evening.

I wonder if they are already rolling over on him, considering they have a detailed minute by minute accounting of what happened in the car.
    Go Gators!

It sounds like his friends rolled over on him. Murder One is an even worse charge in Massachusetts than some other states. They don't have the death penalty, so a conviction on a Murder One charge is automatic life without chance of parole. To charge him with First degree Murder, the prosecution must feel they have a pretty airtight case.

Turn Off Ads?