Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Hernandez Might be Cut from my Fantasy Team

For a Level Playing Field

Re: Aaron Hernandez Might be Cut from my Fantasy Team

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    That's an interesting point. Has Hernandez actually been suspended or expelled from the league? (Not that he could play when incarcerated anyway)
    Good question, Dan. I'd guess not since he technically has not been found guilty of anything (YET).

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    That's an interesting point. Has Hernandez actually been suspended or expelled from the league? (Not that he could play when incarcerated anyway)

I see no reason why the NFL should do anything at this point. Let the legal system run it course. If by some miracle Hernandez gets out of this mess with still some playing time left in his career then they will act. Just a very sad situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Good.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-15-2015)

He will be back in court for another murder and this one includes the weapon and eye witnesses.

I don't get this. Why this guy risk his contract, great house/property, women and a career with Tom Brady throwing to him for some gang activity?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    He will be back in court for another murder and this one includes the weapon and eye witnesses.

I don't get this. Why this guy risk his contract, great house/property, women and a career with Tom Brady throwing to him for some gang activity?
    "When keeping it real goes wrong."
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

No way to make sense of it, he's probably a sociopath.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

EGO

And, at this point....any trial(s) are just excuses for him to get free trips out of prison.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

This is what Hernandez gets to look forward to for the rest of his life (if he isn't a coward and kills himself):

Attachment 8925

Yes, that's the same Lawrence Phillips who played for the RAMS.

I'm sure that Massachusetts' cells for felons of this magnitude are just as dangerous as California's.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-17-2015 at 02:21 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Interesting observations by Chris Simms.

http://tikiandtierney.radio.cbssport...n-locker-room/
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Interesting observations by Chris Simms.

http://tikiandtierney.radio.cbssport...n-locker-room/
    "Like most psychopaths. That's why they're successful. That's the way they look. They all look great." -- Ben Carson

Chris Simms was easily fooled. Hernandez didn't want to get out of that life. It has nothing to do with "he could not get out of that life".
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-17-2015 at 01:22 PM.

That's quite an impressively misleading headline, not even close to the meaning of what Simms is quoted as saying.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

15. Likes:

Chip R (04-17-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    That's quite an impressively misleading headline, not even close to the meaning of what Simms is quoted as saying.
    No kidding. Where in the article did Simms say anything about him being "polarizing in the locker room"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    No kidding. Where in the article did Simms say anything about him being "polarizing in the locker room"?
    Third paragraph.

“I’ll say this,” Simms said. “Yesterday was somewhat of a life lesson for me because Aaron Hernandez was a player that was very polarizing in the locker room. I think he was maybe the most well-liked guy on that New England Patriots football team. Extremely charismatic, the coaches loved him, the players loved him – he really was one of my favorites. He was super-talented – one of the most talented players I was ever around, really – and he was an ultra-hard worker.”
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Third paragraph.

“I’ll say this,” Simms said. “Yesterday was somewhat of a life lesson for me because Aaron Hernandez was a player that was very polarizing in the locker room. I think he was maybe the most well-liked guy on that New England Patriots football team. Extremely charismatic, the coaches loved him, the players loved him – he really was one of my favorites. He was super-talented – one of the most talented players I was ever around, really – and he was an ultra-hard worker.”
    Yes. I read that, but he cited zero examples of why he was polarizing, but example after example of why he was the most well-liked person in the locker-room. I need to see supporting examples for someone to make a statement like that, especially for an editor to pick that one line out of all of them to make it a headline. I wouldn't be surprised if the editor himself stuck that line in the middle of the article. Most editors have done much worse.

Turn Off Ads?