Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: 6/20/13 - Redlegs vs. Peglegs

Re: 6/20/13 - Redlegs vs. Peglegs

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    ok. if i find it i'll remove you from my 2nd guesser list and buy you a beer.
    I don't drink but you can send me cash

2. Turn Off Ads?

If the Reds had last years bullpen, they would have about 4-5 more wins right now. Hopefully Marshall returns soon, Broxton improves when he returns, and maybe Walt can make a trade for a Jesse Crain or someone else.

Hopefully the Reds can at least squeeze out a .500 road trip.

4. Likes:

Vottomatic (06-20-2013)

Free Donald Lutz. To go back to the minors and develop as a player. He isn't hitting for average, or getting on base or hitting for power. His OPS is a Janishian .584. What is exactly the point of having him ride the pines?

6. Likes:

Vottomatic (06-20-2013)

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    Cingrani threw 17 straight fastballs today.
    Yep. Woulda been nice if he'd mixed in some offspeed stuff and breaking balls.

But I'm sure he doesn't feel confident enough in them yet since he hasn't had enough time to work on them.

You throw enough fastballs in a row, the hitter will time it right.

I wasn't home for the game today, but I'd like to protest the use of the term "Peglegs" in the title. It's 2013 or so, shouldn't we all be beyond using these offensive slurs for handicapped Pirates?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Free Donald Lutz. To go back to the minors and develop as a player. He isn't hitting for average, or getting on base or hitting for power. His OPS is a Janishian .584. What is exactly the point of having him ride the pines?
    Isn't Heisey coming back this weekend?
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I wasn't home for the game today, but I'd like to protest the use of the term "Peglegs" in the title. It's 2013 or so, shouldn't we all be beyond using these offensive slurs for handicapped Pirates?
    Actually, the term "handicapped" is probably more offensive than the word "pegleg" in many circles. But thanks for trying. ;-)
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Should we start calling this fellow "Handicapped" Bates?

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/12/08/ar...ies-at-91.html

Speaking of "peglegs" and baseball of course brings Bill Veeck to mind (he cut a hole in his wooden leg and used it as an ash tray). His book "Veeck as in Wreck" is superb, a classic. He wrote a chapter about his leg entitled "I'm not Handicapped, I'm crippled".

Here's a little clip for all you Peg Leg Bates fans. Obviously not very handicapped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq2VKteAqTQ

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Isn't Heisey coming back this weekend?
    I just saw that he was expected back on Tuesday in Oakland. If all goes well Lutz can pack his bags back to Louisville on Monday.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Yep. Woulda been nice if he'd mixed in some offspeed stuff and breaking balls.

But I'm sure he doesn't feel confident enough in them yet since he hasn't had enough time to work on them.

You throw enough fastballs in a row, the hitter will time it right.
    Like real estate, its more about location, location, location. The radio described the problem as up and over the plate, as most well struck balls are. So, it was a hanging fastball instead of a hanging slider.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?