Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 356

Thread: 6/20/13 - Redlegs vs. Peglegs

  1. #331
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,480

    Re: 6/20/13 - Redlegs vs. Peglegs

    Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Nothing like adjectives and clichés to prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt. Because veterans are always warriors. And kids? They're erratic.
    Ok you convi8nced me, pitch Chapman all the time, everytime. Nothing like the old second guess.

  2. Likes:

    jimbo (06-20-2013)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #332
    No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    8,086

    Re: 6/20/13 - Redlegs vs. Peglegs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Ok you convi8nced me, pitch Chapman all the time, everytime. Nothing like the old second guess.
    Right. Because that's what I was arguing in that post (?) I thought we were talking about Simon and Hoover. And for the record, my position has NEVER been to "pitch Chapman all the time." So if you keep saying that ad nauseum, you might as well be a troll.
    Last edited by RedEye; 06-20-2013 at 04:10 PM.

  5. Likes:

    Vottomatic (06-20-2013)

  6. #333
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,189

    Re: 6/20/13 - Redlegs vs. Peglegs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Ok you convi8nced me, pitch Chapman all the time, everytime. Nothing like the old second guess.
    Not sure about every time but I'm good with anytime
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  7. Likes:

    RedEye (06-20-2013)

  8. #334
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    13,744

    Re: 6/20/13 - Redlegs vs. Peglegs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    That's where i think your argument falls apart.
    Well, I told a friend that Hoover should come in and pitch two innings. So there's that.

    In any event, it is true that with this bullpen, after 13 innings last night, it was essential that Homer work deep into the game. It was hard to cover three innings today with this pen.

    Two of the Reds recent losses were where Latos and now Bailey had to leave after six. Makes it tough with Marshall and Broxton out.

    On to Arizona.

  9. #335
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,480

    Re: 6/20/13 - Redlegs vs. Peglegs

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Well, I told a friend that Hoover should come in and pitch two innings. So there's that.
    No, i agree. You called it ahead of time, a rarity around here.

  10. #336
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,480

    Re: 6/20/13 - Redlegs vs. Peglegs

    Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    So if you keep saying that ad nauseum, you might as well be a troll.
    When all else fails, we can always depend on the old ad hominems.

  11. #337
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,189

    Re: 6/20/13 - Redlegs vs. Peglegs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    No, i agree. You called it ahead of time, a rarity around here.
    I called it a week ago, does that count?

    7th or later
    Close game
    Bases loaded
    Need strikeouts
    Competive division rival
    Chapman
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  12. #338
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,480

    Re: 6/20/13 - Redlegs vs. Peglegs

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I called it a week ago, does that count?

    7th or later
    Close game
    Bases loaded
    Need strikeouts
    Competive division rival
    Chapman
    Lets see the post. Day, thread, and #.

  13. #339
    No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    8,086

    Re: 6/20/13 - Redlegs vs. Peglegs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    When all else fails, we can always depend on the old ad hominems.
    You've never engaged once productively with any of my posts on this board. As soon as you start, I will happily respond to the quality of your argument.
    "I’ll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. That’s just how I do things.” -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

  14. #340
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,480

    Re: 6/20/13 - Redlegs vs. Peglegs

    Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    You've never engaged once productively with any of my posts on this board. As soon as you start, I will happily respond to the quality of your argument.
    Anytime you feel I am attacking you rather than your argument, point it out to me and I will apologise. But please don't call me or anyone else names.

  15. #341
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    155

    Re: 6/20/13 - Redlegs vs. Peglegs

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I'm still predicting the Reds win the division by double digits.
    If you got any left over I will gladly have some of what you're smoking!
    Yes that was a very impressive infield single. I thought for a second it was leaving the yard. - texasdave 10/13/12

  16. #342
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,189

    Re: 6/20/13 - Redlegs vs. Peglegs

    Muta check out the "novel concept" thread
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  17. #343
    RaisorZone Raisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Charlotte, Nc
    Posts
    15,189

    Re: 6/20/13 - Redlegs vs. Peglegs

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bearcat View Post
    If you got any left over I will gladly have some of what you're smoking!
    You've been banned from the after party
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

  18. Likes:

    Tom Servo (06-20-2013)

  19. #344
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,480

    Re: 6/20/13 - Redlegs vs. Peglegs

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Muta check out the "novel concept" thread
    ok. if i find it i'll remove you from my 2nd guesser list and buy you a beer.

  20. #345
    No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    8,086

    Re: 6/20/13 - Redlegs vs. Peglegs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Anytime you feel I am attacking you rather than your argument, point it out to me and I will apologise. But please don't call me or anyone else names.
    First, I didn't call you a troll (if you check how my post is worded). I suggested that your behavior is troll-like. To wit, you are constantly responding to my posts with snarky comments that flagrantly mischaracterize my position. Since I assume you are an intelligent person and capable of critical thinking, I can only conclude that this is a deliberate attempt on your part to get a rise out of me. Hence = troll-like behavior.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25