Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pirates "not intimidated" by the Reds

Pirates "not intimidated" by the Reds

Article from yahoo network.. entertaining

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pittsbu...132000696.html

It's a drama that has its origins in a game from August 2012, a time when Cincinnati Red's closer Aroldis Chapman intentionally hit Andrew McCutchen with a 101 mph fastball to the arm.
    But this time, very unlike the Pirates' response last season, someone stood up. Charlie Morton, certainly not the toughest guy on the team, wasted little time in plunking leadoff man Shin-Soo Choo [snip] It meant that the Pirates weren't going to be intimidated by the Reds and manager Dusty Baker anymore.
    Dusty Baker, the intimidating thug.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pirates "not intimidated" by the Reds

Ah... the stories we tell.

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

That article was uploaded as part of the "Yahoo Contributor Network" which can be translated as Bleacher Report 2.0 -- it's all over the place and written quite poorly, as to be expected.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

5. Likes:

CarolinaRedleg (06-20-2013),RedEye (06-20-2013)

My friend who's a Cubs fan sent me that the other day. Never trust an article sent to you by a Cubs fan, even if it's about the Pirates.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

7. Likes:

Always Red (06-20-2013),Edskin (06-20-2013)

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

So, when's it over? When the Buccos hit twice as many Reds as Reds do Pirates?

Or when Raisor says its over?

THe Pirates have not be intimidated by the Reds for 3-4 years now....they have been fighting and scratching their way into one of the top teams in the Central.....

I would say with todays MLB game and how its constructed, there are not many teams who are afraid of other teams....even the scrappers like the Marlins and Astros are young and scrappy and dont go out there with the googly eyes at other teams star players....The A's and Twins have proved that you can win with young talent and small ball, they have given hope to all other teams who's media throw the white flag before May or June has concluded.....todays teams are good enough to beat anyone at any given time.....The Pirates have not been afraid of the Reds for 3-4 years now....even when they sucked 10 years ago they still put up a fight and didnt lay down when the season was winding down.

These types of articles are written when the author has no other stories to write and they are looking for space filler...I have a friend who is a reporter freelancer and he has 2-3 articles written for each and every team that can be pulled up and just touched up a tad then submitted when he needs that space filler....I am assuming that this article was nothing more than just that....but thats just my opinion....maybe the author spent countless hours working for that piece and if he did, there is another issue at hand.

This was about as disappointing of series split as it gets for this time of year. At home, with favorable pitching matchups....on the front end of a tough stretch. Was really hoping we would (and thought that we should) open up a little daylight.

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pocoroba View Post
    This was about as disappointing of series split as it gets for this time of year. At home, with favorable pitching matchups....on the front end of a tough stretch. Was really hoping we would (and thought that we should) open up a little daylight.

Oh well.
    Yea, I was hoping for 3-1 vs the pirates,but oh well.. a split isn't the end of the world. At least we treaded water for this series.
    A bit worried about the bullpen tiring out though.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I'm not intimidated by you said the team that has hit 13 more batters this season!!

13. Likes:

Raisor (06-20-2013)

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

The biggest problem in journalism today is you have all these sites (like Bleacher Report and this portion of Yahoo) hiring fanboys to write content for them. And you end up with total nonsense like this piece.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

15. Likes:

CarolinaRedleg (06-20-2013)

Very disappointing for the REDS to compile only 7 wins against the Pirates and Cardinals through their first 19 contests.

The positive about this latest series is that we've fixed "one" of the Relief problems with Cingrani moved to the pen, even if he did give up the bases-loaded game-winning Double today.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    The biggest problem in journalism today is you have all these sites (like Bleacher Report and this portion of Yahoo) hiring fanboys to write content for them. And you end up with total nonsense like this piece.
    Hence making it not journalism at all, just weak writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This View Post
    That article was uploaded as part of the "Yahoo Contributor Network" which can be translated as Bleacher Report 2.0 -- it's all over the place and written quite poorly, as to be expected.
    /thread
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Obviously, we'll probably have different takes on things, but I agree. It was poorly written. The guy didn't even get the dates right. It was June 17-18, not July 17-18, unless he can see into the future.

There have been a lot of beanings between the two teams. As I watch the games, I think the only one that was intentional was Morton hitting Choo the other night. But, at the same time, I can understand why he did it, and I think that even as Reds fans, if you'all are honest, you can understand as well.

Anyway, hats off on a great series. You guys have a great team, and great fans. I'm looking forward to a very good race in the Central.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Hence making it not journalism at all, just weak writing.
    These days it's increasingly difficult to tell the difference.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Turn Off Ads?