Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yasiel Puig

Re: Yasiel Puig

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Panda, Pedro- some guys can do it...
    And Vlad. That's my comp.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I can't believe I finally had my chance to see Puig play on the four-letter and I didn't know the game was on until the 7th. At least I got to see him drive in a run in the 8th.

4. Likes:

Vottomatic (06-25-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    He's making Profar look mediocre.

MLBTR has this about Profar:

Profar is OPSing less than .700. His bat isn't up to snuff. They talk about moving him to OF, but a sub-.700 OPS guy doesn't have any value in the outfield. Guess they're trying to move Kinsler to the OF........I doubt he goes for that. Meanwhile Profar's value is declining as he's exposed at the plate. Although, he never did impress that much at the plate in the minors. His value was playing SS and the usual "he's young".

Puig is the real deal.
    2 questions

1: what the hell does Profar have to do with this thread and what is the motivation of bringing him up?

2: is this some form of sarcasm I'm missing? Do you really think Jurickson Profar is either exposing himself or proving to be a bust...on the basis of 100 at bats?

6. Likes:

Boss-Hog (06-25-2013),Mitri (06-25-2013),Tom Servo (06-25-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Right but he walked a fair amount in the minors . Panda, Pedro- some guys can do it...
    Very few guys can do it and until they do it for a long period of time, I don't trust them to be able to. Even Panda isn't exactly a world beater. Vlad was something special. If Puig turns into Panda, a lot of people are going to be disappointed by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    2 questions

1: what the hell does Profar have to do with this thread and what is the motivation of bringing him up?

2: is this some form of sarcasm I'm missing? Do you really think Jurickson Profar is either exposing himself or proving to be a bust...on the basis of 100 at bats?
    It is carry over from another conversation, I believe. He's convinced that Puig is the best prospect in baseball and that Profar is all hype and no substance. I think it is too soon to tell.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    It is carry over from another conversation, I believe. He's convinced that Puig is the best prospect in baseball and that Profar is all hype and no substance. I think it is too soon to tell.
    Everyone should think it is too soon to tell. They have less than 60 combined MLB games and are 20 and 22 years old.

10. Likes:

RedEye (06-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I think it's to distract from the fact he picked Choo over Bruce in the poll.

12. Likes:

RedEye (06-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Everyone should think it is too soon to tell. They have less than 60 combined MLB games and are 20 and 22 years old.
    Agreed. Both are very talented players with a lot of hype and a lot of baseball in front of them.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    And Vlad. That's my comp.
    Vlad is who I meant. I have no idea who Pedro is.

It will be interesting to see how he turns out.

It will be interesting to see how he turns out.
    I assume Pedro is Sandoval.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I assume Pedro is Sandoval.
    Who is actually Pablo.

I wish the Reds FO is asking Chapman if there are any other stud hitters that could be coming soon from Cuba and take a chance.. Puig seems the real deal and the guy in Oakland I had hoped the Reds went after before he signed with Oakland..

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    I wish the Reds FO is asking Chapman if there are any other stud hitters that could be coming soon from Cuba and take a chance.. Puig seems the real deal and the guy in Oakland I had hoped the Reds went after before he signed with Oakland..
    The Reds scouts know more about the stud hitters in Cuba than Chapman does. They knew about Puig and they knew about Cespedes. It is a matter of money versus talent, pure and simple. Sometimes you don't have the money and sometimes when you do, another team has more. Let's remember that when Puig got the deal he did, most of the industry was flat out shocked by it. The Dodgers offered significantly more than anyone else did both in years and in amount per year.

I was wondering who you meant.

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

21. Likes:

dougdirt (06-26-2013)

Turn Off Ads?