Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madman Season 6

Madman Season 6

With the finale this Sunday I was wondering how everyone thinks this show is going to end. This season started off slow but the last 4 episodes have been great.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Madman Season 6

Mad Men?

This is season finale, not series.
    Last edited by WMR; 06-21-2013 at 09:09 AM.

1 more season

How are they going to wrap a show up in 1 more season of 15? episodes...if that....from 1968 into ? I read where the creator will show Draper as he is nearing the end. Unless the end is at 45 with a cocktail in one hand and a new secretary on the other.

im not sure how they will do it but I'm almost certain there is 1 more season.

There is one more season.

I personally have been a bit disappointed with the last two seasons of Mad Men. The show got a little boring when Draper stopped caring about the business and Sterling was in his angry phase. That's good character development, but the problem is that after they broke off, they never had a strong supporting cast to pick up the slack. Ginsberg could have been an amazing character if one thinks back to his interview. But since then, they've made him out to be a dark, irritable annoyance when he could have been a tremendous asset as comedic relief.

While Draper and Sterling both have regained a little bit of their original edge, and the merger story arc has helped the show a little bit, the show needs to find an edge again IMHO.

I do think Draper winds up re-marrying Betty when all is said and done. It feels like they've continually teased that on again and off again for the last three seasons.
    Last edited by Brutus; 06-22-2013 at 02:03 PM.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I predict that someone's going to drink. Someone will cheat on their spouse. Someone will shut their office door. Someone will face an existential crisis.

I would like the series to end with Don is caught with another woman by his new wife: Mary Richards and it shows Mary driving off to Minneapolis with a still smoking gun in the passenger seat of her Mustang.

10. Likes:

Chip R (06-23-2013),Joseph (07-04-2013),remdog (06-24-2013),westofyou (06-23-2013)

I think season 5 was great and this season started off bad to me but last 4-5 episodes I've loved.

I don't think Don and Betty will ever get back together.

Typing error about finale. I know there is another season.

The feeling I get from this season starting with the first episode is they are telling the story backwards and it picks up in real time with the strange girl from the bar. I think that's the end of Dons 2nd marriage.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    I think season 5 was great and this season started off bad to me but last 4-5 episodes I've loved.

I don't think Don and Betty will ever get back together.
    I thought this season started out great, kind of dipped in the middle, and became really good again in these last few episodes.

Stat geek...and proud

So..... thoughts on the finale? I thought it was great. Don's rock bottom will lead to his possible redemption.

15. Likes:

Razor Shines (06-24-2013)

That was my favorite episode of the season and one of my favorites of the series.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 06-24-2013 at 01:14 AM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    That was my favorite episode of the season and one of my favorites of the series.
    I thought it was a sensational episode too. I think it was my favorite, at least in the last 2-3 seasons.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

18. Likes:

westofyou (06-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    So..... thoughts on the finale? I thought it was great. Don's rock bottom will lead to his possible redemption.
    Who knows. Weiner is a Sopranos alum and that show preached that how many life changing experiences you go through, people don't change. As many experiences Don has gone through - including a near-death one this year - he really hasn't changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?