Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Miguel Tejada To Be Suspended For 105 Games

Miguel Tejada To Be Suspended For 105 Games

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Miguel Tejada To Be Suspended For 105 Games

By Jeff Todd [August 17 at 12:56pm CST]

Royals infielder Miguel Tejada will be suspended for 105 games by MLB for the use of amphetamines, Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports reports on Twitter. In a series of tweets, Passan explains that two recent positive tests are the basis for the suspension, which is the third-longest in MLB history.

With Tejada already on the 60-day DL, the suspension will be applied over this season's 41 remaining games. Passan says that the 39-year-old former MVP is expected to retire rather than sit out the 64 additional games at the beginning of next year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Miguel Tejada To Be Suspended For 105 Games

I seriously didn't know Tejada was even still around. My first thought was "Who bumped a thread from 2008?".

They really do need to do away with that rule of being able to serve a suspension while on the DL. I know it "benefited" us with Volquez (if you can call getting his services back a benefit), but it's incredibly stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Tejada "apologized" for "making a mistake," but he says that he was banned for using Adderall for ADD and when his last permit expired, MLB wouldn't issue a new one.

I am mildly curious the circumstances as to why he wasn't issued a new permit, if in fact he has been given an ADD diagnosis.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Tejada "apologized" for "making a mistake," but he says that he was banned for using Adderall for ADD and when his last permit expired, MLB wouldn't issue a new one.

I am mildly curious the circumstances as to why he wasn't issued a new permit, if in fact he has been given an ADD diagnosis.
    Yeah, MLB takes quite a long time to issue an "acceptance" for adderall or like drugs for ADD (I know of one player that it took nearly two years to get approval). To go through all of that, then to decide later he wasn't allowed? I don't buy it.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Yeah, MLB takes quite a long time to issue an "acceptance" for adderall or like drugs for ADD (I know of one player that it took nearly two years to get approval). To go through all of that, then to decide later he wasn't allowed? I don't buy it.
    Perhaps an evaluation by a league or third party doctor was requested?
    ADD isn't the most clear-cut thing to diagnose.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Baseball and ADD diagnosis - it's a joke. Unless you believe 3X as many ballplayers as the population in general have ADD.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...erall/1738371/

I think Tejada is a "bad boy" in MLB's eyes and had a cross marked squarely on his back...

EMAW

He was having a good season for KC, was one of their team leaders and had claimed the 2B job.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Baseball and ADD diagnosis - it's a joke. Unless you believe 3X as many ballplayers as the population in general have ADD.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...erall/1738371/

I think Tejada is a "bad boy" in MLB's eyes and had a cross marked squarely on his back...
    I agree there's a reason to be skeptical about the Adderall exemptions. I'm still just curious why baseball granted a permit after (I'm assuming) they thoroughly investigated his request, but then decided he wasn't kosher to renew the exemption. Perhaps it was bogus to begin with and they figured it out, or perhaps he never had an exemption and lied about why he was suspended. Who knows. I am just struggling to figure out why they would issue a permit but not renew it.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?