Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 6/21/13 Reds @ D-Backs ("Checking in on some old friends" edition)

Re: 6/21/13 Reds @ D-Backs ("Checking in on some old friends" edition)

I sincerely hope that I wake up tomorrow and Partch's name is back on the 'Bats roster where it belongs.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hopefully Dusty doesnt say anything stupid.. hmm he can find positive out of this mess tonight??

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    How could you count the Angels?
    Was trying not to be too harsh. One then. One freaking series win against a good team.

Guys, this team is not a playoff team until some changes are made. Left is only the beginning. Until then, this is what we get. And i think Johnny is not healthy yet. Sad situation.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Yohan Pino or Greg Reynolds should join the pen tomorrow from AAA for Partch.

The offense is harder to help. Find myself anxious to see Heisey, unusually.

I guess I would play Mes more. Hanigan just can't hit these days.

Reynolds started tonight I believe. So I imagine he wouldn't be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Yohan Pino or Greg Reynolds should join the pen tomorrow from AAA for Partch.

The offense is harder to help. Find myself anxious to see Heisey, unusually.

I guess I would play Mes more. Hanigan just can't hit these days.
    AAA is not the answer, and neither is Heisey.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

9. Likes:

Billy_Bearcat (06-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds700 View Post
    Was trying not to be too harsh. One then. One freaking series win against a good team.
    But it's a 162 game season......the first 75 don't mean much eh?

11. Likes:

Billy_Bearcat (06-22-2013)

Well, it's an 11-4 game now. Votto with a solo shot there.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Votto heard us discussing his trade.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

votto has sipp's number

Reds tide could def. be turning (and not in a good way). Absolutely NO WAY do I write them off due to this game (or even this west coast trip should they come out of it with a losing record), but it IS getting to the point to where I am becoming far more concerned than I have been up to this point. I'm just seeing too many AAA caliber players, along with a depleted and rather weak bullpen and an offense that, far too often, seem to have absolutely ZERO plan when they take their AB's.

Lutz, for example, IMO he has the possibility of being a fine MLB player in the not-too-distant future, but he is at least a full season @ AAA away from being ready. Maybe even a season and a half. He just ain't ready. But at the same time, I realize our options are quite thin.

I'm just hoping that tonight was simply on off-night for Cueto and that he is not hurting again. And dear God, I hope that Marshall (and hell, even Broxton for that matter) get back VERY soon.

As far as Votto/Goldschmidt, I have to keep Votto. Yes, his contract is an albatross, and one that will probably bite us in the last 2/3 yrs. of it (hopefully NOT until then - I honestly think he will be solid for some years to come) and as has been said, he is proven. Plus, despite the fact that he is extremely expensive, he also brings in a ton of revenue himself via ticket-sales, etc. Reds fans simply LOVE Votto and IMO, it would be a BIG mistake to get rid of him for much of anyone (and just as I'm typing this, he knocks it outta the park). Yes, you simply gotta keep Votto around, period, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    Hopefully Dusty doesnt say anything stupid.. hmm he can find positive out of this mess tonight??
    He'll find something awesome....and then the beat reporters will ask for his autograph.

17. Likes:

WVRedsFan (06-22-2013)

"So Fla Red"

Reds usually bounce back well from tough losses and laughers. Like I said, find a way to make this a 4-4 trip and all will be well. (I think 4-4 is optimistic, but they could run off 4 in a row starting tomorrow)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    But it's a 162 game season......the first 75 don't mean much eh?
    I have said it all year. Until they can win against good competition, this is a wild card team, at best.

Turn Off Ads?