Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Consistency at the top of the lineup

Re: Consistency at the top of the lineup

<<First place in June doesn't mean a whole lot as long as you're not 10 games out>>

exactly, i'm pretty sure the pirates were in first place in June last year

anything can happen in more than a half season of baseball

2. Turn Off Ads?

If you look back on last season, how many folk at this point in the season looked at the Giants as "the" team? Then once the playoffs started and the Giants were down 0-2 to the Reds heading to Cincy, whom would have put money on them to win it all? Outside of their Catcher, whom in the batting order scared anyone? It was there pitching, it shut down the Reds, Cards and Tigers pretty good offense. The Reds key is their pitching. The starters need to stay healthy and continue to roll, we need to get Marshall healthy and the rest of the pen will come along. The playoffs and WS winner is the team that get's hot

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Fan View Post
    whom would have put money on them to win it all? Outside of their Catcher, whom in the batting order scared anyone?

do you talk like that? because it sure is painful to read.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    The only problem with your idea is that it omits the fact that platooning works better than a single player when none of the available pieces are truly everyday players
    and all either have bad splits (the OFers)or are limited offensive players whose value is in their glove (Cozie). The biggest problem isn't doesn't Dusty being unable to key in the right combination...its not having the right pieces to key in. This is not a Dusty problem, imo, it's on Walt to get him the players. Sometimes Walt's patience drives me batty but then again...were I GM the roster would shuffle like a dog eared deck of cards...so I guess I'll just hope some kind of LF help is forthcoming. Really though...have you been watching? You really think the 2 hole is hurting this team more than the lack of another lock down bullpen arm? Most recent losses looked like implosions to me.

Very nice first post though...did not mean to pick at ya...hope you didn't take it that way!
    I did not take it any way. I agree the bullpen is another major issue. When a healthy Marshall comes back, I believe the bullpen will be much improved. I still believe the number 2 hole is vital to the overall success of this team and that Paul is the best choice available.

Turn Off Ads?