Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bench Fix

Bench Fix

Pick up Jamey Carroll and Ryan Doumit from the Twins. Gives you a good platoon option at catcher and a better back up IF.

Carroll's 38 and Doumit's 32, both are having slumpy years and the Twins are going nowhere. I wouldn't think it would take much.

Not a "print the play-off tickets" move, but if they can be had for subprime prospects.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bench Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Pick up Jamey Carroll and Ryan Doumit from the Twins. Gives you a good platoon option at catcher and a better back up IF.

Carroll's 38 and Doumit's 32, both are having slumpy years and the Twins are going nowhere. I wouldn't think it would take much.

Not a "print the play-off tickets" move, but if they can be had for subprime prospects.
    I like this idea. I've been thinking about these two guys to help the bench and even the LF Mix (Carroll at 3B and Frazier in LF or Doumit in LF). I'd offer Robinson and Hannahan for them, they can have Ondrusek too. If they want a young player, I'd even go Partch. I wouldn't mind seeing Carroll at 2B for a couple weeks while Phillips get's healthy. Doumit would certsinly ease a little pain with the Catchers being banged up.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

What about razor Ramon Hernandez , I seen where he got released, might b a good option at catcher if mes and hanny are hurt.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Giants Designate Cole Gillespie For Assignment

By Zach Links [July 9 at 6:10pm CST]

The Giants have designated outfielder Cole Gillespie for assigment, according to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle (via Twitter). The move will make room for the promotion of second baseman Kensuke Tanaka.

It's the second move made today by the Giants, who agreed to sign Jeff Francoeur early this morning. Gillespie, 29, had a cup of coffee with the major league club this month. In 269 plate appearances for the club's Triple-A affiliate this season, Gillespie slashed .277/.361/.455 with nine homers.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I like this idea. I've been thinking about these two guys to help the bench and even the LF Mix (Carroll at 3B and Frazier in LF or Doumit in LF). I'd offer Robinson and Hannahan for them, they can have Ondrusek too. If they want a young player, I'd even go Partch. I wouldn't mind seeing Carroll at 2B for a couple weeks while Phillips get's healthy. Doumit would certsinly ease a little pain with the Catchers being banged up.
    I doubt Robinson or Hannahan would interest them but Ondrusek might, plus a couple of AA guys.

Originally I wanted a deal that included Winningham as well, but he's hurt.

Originally I wanted a deal that included Winningham as well, but he's hurt.
    Yeah, and retired for the last 20 years.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

8. Likes:

Big Klu (07-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yeah, and retired for the last 20 years.
    Dave Martinez is still playing, right?

I'd love to pick up Doumit. They can keep Carroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Who are you and what have you done with Homer?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

12. Likes:

Falls City Beer (07-10-2013)

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Welcom back!!!

Doumit would be a good move. Cost little to obtain and can help at multiple positions.

14. Likes:

Falls City Beer (07-10-2013)

Sign me up for Doumit and a player to be named later (Willingham when he's healthy).

Wonder who the Twins would want.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

The Twins would probably throw in Carroll for the contract savings. And he's a small step up from Izturis.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Sign me up for Doumit and a player to be named later (Willingham when he's healthy).
    He's due back mid-to-late August. And you figure he'll need a rehab. And we'd be getting Ludwick back then anyway (right? right?)

I have Doumit on a couple of fantasy teams. I was looking at his stats on fangraphs 2 days ago. His BAPIP is low & if you adjust it to his career number then his season looks like a typical Doumit season. I think he would help the team.

It seems to me that the BIG acquisitions to aid the team are a healthy Cueto, Ludwick, Marshall +- Broxton. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see the team acquiring a big name player at the deadline. But a smaller move/moves combined with getting some of our key guys back would help a lot. I have recently read encouraging things about Ludwick & Marshall's rehabs.

19. Likes:

Joseph (07-10-2013)

He's due back mid-to-late August. And you figure he'll need a rehab. And we'd be getting Ludwick back then anyway (right? right?)
    True.

Thing is, Ludwick's injury is far more serious and he's been down for a much longer period of time. I think Willingham is a much stronger bet to give them a boost, especially going from an extreme pitcher's park to Great American.

But you're right. It's not going to happen. That's a shame, because he's just the type of hitter Jocketty has plucked for a late season run in the past.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Turn Off Ads?