Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 6/22/2013 Reds at Dbacks....Game 2

Re: 6/22/2013 Reds at Dbacks....Game 2

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Yeah, but sometimes you have to pick up your teammate when they make an error/miscue. Votto probably should have fielded that (even though it was ruled a hit), but Chapman needs to sack up and say, "It's OK Joey, I got the [bleep] [bleep]."

Win as a team, lose as a team.
    This sounds familiar!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The Reds were 2 games over .500 at this point in the season in 2011, they are currently 12 over.

I seem to recall a time when you used to be a respectable poster, until you decided to only show up to ***** and pile on when the Reds lose. Tonight you came by to *****, literally said nothing for a half an hour when Bruce put the Reds ahead, and then came back to ***** when Chapman melted down.
    Wanna see the texts I sent after the Bruce bomb? They might not be consistent with your theory.

I don't mind losing. I hate rampant losing of games you should win. Reds have at least - at the very least - 10 losses in games that they should have won. That's baseball, yea, but it's also not championship baseball.

Time for this team to take the next step already. The window won't be open forever.

4. Likes:

Redsfansince72 (06-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    $10 gets you a hundred if he was left in and the first batter homered or even got on....it would be a meltdown. Leake had a 70-1 lead at Philly one time and he could not finish it and they blasted Dusty for not getting anyone up faster
    while the Phillies blooped the 1st or 2nd pitches that Leake would throw.

It was the right call for Chapman. he does not pitch a few games and he turns into 1973 Steve Blass.
    Yeah, I am not slamming Dusty for bringing Chapman in. I think every manager in MLB would have done the same thing. Maybe Leake was gassed but I doubt it. I subscribe to the old school and like to ride the starter if he is going good. I just think Leake would have finished it off but hindsight is 20/20 and no way am I blaming Dusty for this loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Sax couldn't throw.....but Votto at 1st the past week looks like Yonder in LF.
    I know that he could not throw. The analogy is.... He cannot field anything half the time for the last few weeks..that is hit his way. Just like Sax was 50/50 on throws.

It got so bad...Vin Scully sat him down on the Dodger Pre-Game show and tried to calm him down and make him feel better. I even felt sorry for him...and I hated the Dodgers, even out here in LA.

Votto's glove is definitely lacking this year, wasn't there another superstar caliber guy who randomly had a bad year defensively several years ago? Maybe I'm making it up, but I feel like it was Pujols or somebody who one year just sucked on defense before going back to being good again.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
    Yeah, I am not slamming Dusty for bringing Chapman in. I think every manager in MLB would have done the same thing. Maybe Leake was gassed but I doubt it. I subscribe to the old school and like to ride the starter if he is going good. I just think Leake would have finished it off but hindsight is 20/20 and no way am I blaming Dusty for this loss.
    Don't get me wrong...I love the CG.....but it was a great comeback and it was what just about any manager who did not have Verlander or Kershaw or even CC throwing would have done.

Sneakers is a great movie

10. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (06-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I know that he could not throw. The analogy is.... He cannot field anything half the time for the last few weeks..that is hit his way. Just like Sax was 50/50 on throws.

It got so bad...Vin Scully sat him down on the Dodger Pre-Game show and tried to calm him down and make him feel better. I even felt sorry for him...and I hated the Dodgers, even out here in LA.
    Yeah....it was bad but he went on for nearly 2000 career hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Wanna see the texts I sent after the Bruce bomb? They might not be consistent with your theory.
    No, that sounds about right. What I would like to know then is why you choose to text about good things and use Redszone as your dumping ground of negativity. I can tell you that the majority of us who do choose to spend our nights in the game thread don't care for it at all.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    It isn't???? Man, I really gotta start getting out of the house.
    It was winter, buddy. Somebody get this man a burger!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Sax couldn't throw.....but Votto at 1st the past week looks like Yonder in LF.
    Disagree. You guys are just remembering the BAD plays. He's had some gems over there too. He's an above average defender there. Well above average. But he's not Phillips. He's not Pujols or Hernandez over there either.

This game was NOT on Votto. Blown save on Chapman. They happen. Tough break. But outside of 1 or 2 plays, the Reds played one helluva game tonight. Bruce & Leake were lights out. Just faced a tough pitcher and a good team...get 'em tomorrow.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Votto's glove is definitely lacking this year, wasn't there another superstar caliber guy who randomly had a bad year defensively several years ago? Maybe I'm making it up, but I feel like it was Pujols or somebody who one year just sucked on defense before going back to being good again.
    Adrien Gonzales?

This hurts. Seriously. But as long as the Rangers hold on and beat the dickeybirds, I'll be ok.

I keep telling myself it's just a game. Not all that important in the realities of life you know.

Losing games like this hurts. If they lose tomorrow, Bob needs to give the boys the company credit card and let them loose on the bars. They can recover on Monday and should be ready to pay homage to 1990 and absolutely annihilate the A's.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    The Reds can make the playoffs by taking care of business against bottom-feeders and winning at a .400 rate or whatever against the good teams. It's an annoyance but if they get in the playoffs I don't care whether it was pretty or not.

But at this stage I'd have to walk back my belief in March that they could win a championship. I just don't see it. Offense with a sub-100 OPS+ and absolutely no help coming from anywhere, and a bullpen crippled by injury and devoid of any reliable options. Defense has been pretty bad. The rotation is elite but they've been let down.
    Almost all NL teams have a sub 100 OPS+ because pitchers bat. I think 2 of 15 are above 100 and just barely.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Turn Off Ads?