Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/22/2013 Reds at Dbacks....Game 2

Re: 6/22/2013 Reds at Dbacks....Game 2

A big to Bruce and Leake tonight

A big to Votto and Chapman
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

Blitz Dorsey (06-22-2013),Ironman92 (06-22-2013),New York Red (06-22-2013),Tony Cloninger (06-22-2013),VR (06-22-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Anyone who thinks the leadoff batter getting on (due to no fault of Chapman's) didn't unnerve Chapman hasn't been following baseball. Doesn't necessarily excuse it, but when the tying run reaches due to an error, it completely changes the inning and it most certainly affects the pitcher. There is equal blame here. Votto and Chapman. Both awful tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by reds700 View Post
    One series win against quality teams. Definition of a fraud.
    How's your day going?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Agree that it's a tough call. If Leake said he felt wiped, then there was no other choice than to take him out.
    Personally, I like leaving the starter in if he is throwing a good game. Corbin should have stayed in as should have Leake. I don't think Leake was gassed since he was pitching in what was essentially a homecoming for him. He probably wanted to finish it off and I think he would have.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Oh man...we suck again!!!

I understand Votto has a good OPS and all, but man can anyone that has watched him the past couple years honestly say he is having a good year (for him)?

Just brutal on defense, he is starting to look like a career DH. I think he is afraid of injuring the knee again.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    So, here's the question of the night. Leake was dominant. At 92 pitches. Would you have left him in there to finish it off? I know some would want to pinch hit for him there in the 9th...but if your choice is Hannahan, is he enough of an upgrade over Leake's bat to take Mike out of the game?

~edit~ I guess I should add what I would've done. Yeah, I know that Chapman is usually nails. But I look at it from the other perspective...I thought Leake deserved a shot to finish it up. The pinch-hitting argument just doesn't hold water for me if your ph choice is Jack. Don't get me wrong, I like Jack...but his bat is just about on par with Mike's.
    I would love to have seen Mike stay in the game, but with a runner on third and two out, you have to PH there. Mike can be a decent hitter at times, but he's hitting .139. I would have went with Paul over Hanahan though.

Quote Originally Posted by reds700 View Post
    One series win against quality teams. Definition of a fraud.
    Which amounts to about a quarter of a season or less in total games played. Definition of sample size.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

One winning series against a Team with a WINNING Record... Hard to even think of being a Playoff series winning team in October playing like this.. This was a VERY tough game to loose after coming from behind in the 9nth.. what sucked is having Frazier on 2nd and ZERO outs and cant get the runner in..Then you let Pop out Cozart hit and then you let Hanahan hit.. where was Paul????????? Stupid moves after Frazier was on 2nd...

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

This.

Is Votto a DH playing 1B or something to that affect?

Chapman does not pitch for a few days and his command is always wacky or he does not want to throw sliders or cannot command them. Whatever. You pull one out of the fire on the road and you spit it back out. They talked about having something to prove after that Giant series....yet they seem intent on blowing games at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Complete frauds yet one of the best records in baseball. Go figure.
    11-14 in the last 25..glad you are ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    Did he? I thought it was Dusty who went to the mound in the 9th. If so, my bad.
    You're right, it was Dusty. My bad.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

might toss the rest of the offense in the thumbdown club

Will be interesting to see how - or if -- they respond on Sunday
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I understand Votto has a good OPS and all, but man can anyone that has watched him the past couple years honestly say he is having a good year (for him)?

Just brutal on defense, he is starting to look like a career DH. I think he is afraid of injuring the knee again.
    Gloves can slump just like bats do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Turn Off Ads?