Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: 6/22/2013 Reds at Dbacks....Game 2

Stat geek...and proud

Re: 6/22/2013 Reds at Dbacks....Game 2

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Sorry if most nights I have more interesting things to do besides vegging on a message board.
    Don't play that card.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Reds. Good team, something missing.
    Leadership?
    Luck?
    Both?

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Gloves can slump just like bats do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    He's been slumping with the glove all of 2013. I'm sorry, I understand I am being knee jerky, but Votto has not shown me much since he came back from his knee injury last year. He has an excellent eye and gets on base better than just about anybody but something just does not seem right. atrocious defense, home runs are down. Sean Casey with a better eye and slightly more power?

Sooooo much money. Am I the only person nervous this may quickly become the worst contract in baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Anyone who thinks the leadoff batter getting on (due to no fault of Chapman's) didn't unnerve Chapman hasn't been following baseball. Doesn't necessarily excuse it, but when the tying run reaches due to an error, it completely changes the inning and it most certainly affects the pitcher. There is equal blame here. Votto and Chapman. Both awful tonight.
    I don't think it's equal blame as I believe when a teammate errors.....all the other teammates have to pick him up, this chance was for Chapman and Chapman not only didn't pick him up....he followed suit and then tripled the ante.

But I completely agree that Votto's refusal to get in front of the ball was huge and would love to be able to go back and play it from that point on with an out.

6/22/12 Reds are 38-31

6/22/13 Reds are 44-32

7. Likes:

Blitz Dorsey (06-22-2013),Raisor (06-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Leadership?
    Luck?
    Both?
    Votto is playing scared.

$10 gets you a hundred if he was left in and the first batter homered or even got on....it would be a meltdown. Leake had a 70-1 lead at Philly one time and he could not finish it and they blasted Dusty for not getting anyone up faster
    while the Phillies blooped the 1st or 2nd pitches that Leake would throw.

It was the right call for Chapman. he does not pitch a few games and he turns into 1973 Steve Blass.
    Then why doesn't dusty/price recognize bad chapman earlier. He rarely rebounds when he starts an inning wildly. Know your players. Have backup pitcher start getting ready when wild chapman lets first batter on. Hell, he almost took off mesoracos face on a warmup pitch. Fox noticed it ...

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    6/22/12 Reds are 38-31

6/22/13 Reds are 44-32
    Please don't put things in perspective. You'll confuse folks.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

11. Likes:

LincolnparkRed (06-22-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    He's been slumping with the glove all of 2013. I'm sorry, I understand I am being knee jerky, but Votto has not shown me much since he came back from his knee injury last year. He has an excellent eye and gets on base better than just about anybody but something just does not seem right. atrocious defense, home runs are down. Sean Casey with a better eye and slightly more power?
    I think his hitting is fine. NO way is he like Sean Casey as a hitter. Please. The guy was not a 35-40 HR guy. He is and can be a 30 homer guy, but he will hit better than Casey overall. Now his glove...that i will give you is just complete botch job.

It is like Steve Sax back in 1983.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Check out how many posts I have and how long I've been here. Sorry if most nights I have more interesting things to do besides vegging on a message board.

And it doesn't erase the fact that this team is an underachieving disappointment with a do-nothing GM during the season. Want to see where this is going? Check out 2011.
    Underachieving disappointment and do nothing GM....lol....cricket...cricket...cricket!!!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I would have went with Paul over Hanahan though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    where was Paul????????? Stupid moves after Frazier was on 2nd...
    Paul is NOT a good breaking ball hitter. That pitcher doesn't even throw a fastball. Paul wasn't a good choice. That doesn't mean that Jack was a good one, but not picking Paul was hardly a bad choice. Personally I would've preferred letting Mike hit there.

Check out how many posts I have and how long I've been here. Sorry if most nights I have more interesting things to do besides vegging on a message board.

And it doesn't erase the fact that this team is an underachieving disappointment with a do-nothing GM during the season. Want to see where this is going? Check out 2011.
    The Reds were 2 games over .500 at this point in the season in 2011, they are currently 12 over.

I seem to recall a time when you used to be a respectable poster, until you decided to only show up to ***** and pile on when the Reds lose. Tonight you came by to *****, literally said nothing for a half an hour when Bruce put the Reds ahead, and then came back to ***** when Chapman melted down.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

16. Likes:

Raisor (06-23-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    6/22/12 Reds are 38-31

6/22/13 Reds are 44-32
    This isn't 2012. What was the cards record last year at this point?

18. Likes:

Billy_Bearcat (06-22-2013)

I know why we lost!!!!

Stubbs hasn't scored today.

20. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (06-22-2013)

Leadership?
    Luck?
    Both?
    Reds could use nineteen games v Astros this year, like last. Lol.

Seriously, they don't come up big in big games. As a team, that is.

Not a real contender until they fix this.

Turn Off Ads?