Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: 6/23/13: Reds @ Snakes (let's get one)

EMAW

Re: 6/23/13: Reds @ Snakes (let's get one)

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Dusty tried to give it away.

Some luck prevails.

First Sunday win in awhile.
    How did the manager try to give it away? By putting his closer in a 3 run game in the 9th? WOW WOW WOW

2. Turn Off Ads?
    EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    You sure like to find any way to blame Dusty for player incompetence.
    Vottomatic Blames Dusty for snow falling in Winter and sunshine in Summer

4. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Had a long and busy day, so I didn't get to watch the game. Was Latos as dominant as his stat line looks? Did he just wear down in the 8th? He seems to hit the proverbial wall in the 7th or 8th. Was that the case today too? Good to see him get a 'W' though. The offense and bullpen has cost him probably 8-10 wins since he became a Red.
    He was very dominating today. Arizona was finally able to rally for one run in the eighth against him, but they didn't hit him hard all day. I don't think he wore down--it seemed like he had plenty in the tank. But I agreed with getting him out at that time.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Guess we see where your loyalties are. Fraud!
    What a post (hope it was tongue in cheek). Watched it all from Sonoma. God bless MLBTV. Miss few games but try to stay away from here. Guess I have a thin skin. Sorry.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Dusty hasn't used a Sunday special all year
    There hasn't been as many "regular" lineups as you think, especially with your outlandish statement that he's never used one even once all season.

Last Sunday both Choo and Frazier were given the day off.

The Sunday before that, Dusty was trying to win the Cardinals' series so he went for it.

The Sunday before that, Dusty was trying to win the Pirates' series so he went for it, but Phillips missed the game because of the HBP.

Those were two important series, similar to the playoffs, so Dusty put his best roster out there.

Two Sundays before that, Izturis got the start at SS and batted 2nd.

April had some "Sunday" lineups. One had Corky Miller starting and another had Hanahan and Izturis starting.

With Ludwick going down day one, Heisey became the full-time starter, so every game Heisey didn't start was also a bench player starting on Sunday. That occurred 3 of 4 Sundays in April while Heisey was still the Starter.

So, for half of the season, Dusty has put out "Sunday" lineups. It's still the day he prefers to give his bench players' starts along with the traveling days during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    He was very dominating today. Arizona was finally able to rally for one run in the eighth against him, but they didn't hit him hard all day. I don't think he wore down--it seemed like he had plenty in the tank. But I agreed with getting him out at that time.
    Thanks, Klu.

When I say Sunday special I mean when they use all the backups, like Bob Boone would do. I don't think you can call it a Sunday special if most of the regulars play. Ymmv

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    When I say Sunday special I mean when they use all the backups, like Bob Boone would do. I don't think you can call it a Sunday special if most of the regulars play. Ymmv
    From the gameday threads I peruse, I feel I'm in the minority when I say that I have liked Dusty's lineups throughout this season. I think his balance has been excellent. I think this has been Dusty's best season managing as the REDS' skipper.

11. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    From the gameday threads I peruse, I feel I'm in the minority when I say that I have liked Dusty's lineups throughout this season. I think his balance has been excellent. I think this has been Dusty's best season managing as the REDS' skipper.
    Agree, but eliminating Stubbs from his arsenal and replacing him with Choo keep him from loading the top with guys that can't get on base. I've really not had much of any problems with the majority of his lineups so far. I think if BP is struggling and Bruce is hot that Bruce should bat 4th....but not a big deal

Turn Off Ads?