Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Tightrope over Grand Canyon - Live

Tightrope over Grand Canyon - Live

http://skywire.discovery.com/live.html

Don't know why people do this stuff. Hope is is getting paid well, and lives to collect it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Tightrope over Grand Canyon - Live

this guy wouldn't have been born yet when I saw the Wallendas at King's Island back in the early seventies. I'm old.

Then guy on tv just said that any sign of lightning would quash the attempt. I would think lightning would make it more fun. And do it at night--there's a big full moon out.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 06-23-2013 at 09:27 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Why put your family through this? Just cold.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Why put your family through this? Just cold.
    Watching it right now, sounds like his wife wants him to do it.

She just said, "Nicholas would never do anything that was dangerous." Seriously.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

That was the second most tense thing I've seen happen in Arizona today.

8. Likes:

RichRed (06-24-2013)

I hope he remembered to use the bathroom before he walked the wire.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Can I put tightrope walking in the hate thread. It's just silly.

That guy has nads the size of beach balls. You know the old saying, 'there are no atheists in foxholes'? Well, there apparently are no atheists when walking a 1400-foot cable over the Grand Canyon either. I liked what the announcer told him afterward -- "I knew when you stopped thanking God and started thanking the Discovery Channel people, you had it".

Close to a million tweets about this walk on Twitter since he started, so it must have been watched by a whole lot of people. Discovery Channel wins.

Turn Off Ads?