Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My Boy crossed the bridge today...

Re: My Boy crossed the bridge today...

So the wife and I had to make the tough decision to have our beautiful orange and white Brittany Kahlen put down today. She was having heart problems, and stopped eating, and believe me she took her kibble very seriously. It was the right decision, but it sure doesn't make it any easier. R.I.P. you crazy dog.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Sorry about that moewan, it's hard, I put my boy down a week after he was diagnosed, he too stopped eating and was resigned to pass, I gave him his wish and cried for two days.

I'm trying to fill the huge hole with two new ones, it's gonna be hard, but it's a journey

sorry for your loss moewan, try to hang in there and just take it one day or even one hour at a time

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. It's been a tough summer for us, we had two elderly dogs and they both left us within two months of each other. At least we have our four year old Brittany, Julia Child, to help ease the pain.

Moewan, I am so sorry! Hugs to you and your family.

We had to have our Daisy(11 year old Black lab mix) put down on Monday. She had had cancer surgery in early July and it came back very quickly with more tumors. She was such a spectacular dog! Going home from work was the hardest yesterday, without her to greet me.
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

Sorry for your loss, nothing can can replace her in your home but she'll always be in your heart and that counts for something moving forward.

So very, very sorry redhawkfish. Daisy had a wonderful life with you.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by redhawkfish View Post
    We had to have our Daisy(11 year old Black lab mix) put down on Monday. She had had cancer surgery in early July and it came back very quickly with more tumors. She was such a spectacular dog! Going home from work was the hardest yesterday, without her to greet me.
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. You should have wonderful memories that will last a lifetime.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by redhawkfish View Post
    So sorry for your loss, Daisy will always be with you in your heart and memories.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Reading this thread is bringing back a lot of memories of pets I've had and lost over the years. Lots of good memories and a tinge of sadness.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

13. Likes:

moewan (10-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    Sent my beagle across the bridge today. Just shy of 9 years old. Disc problems that compromised her mobility. She could not even lay down comfortably without meds, just kept pacing and panting. Tough night. Just one left at the house now and my wife says that is it. Sure like having them around to share life with.

Told my little one that Liberty was going to heaven today, she got excited and happy. Wish I was as naive, one of the toughest decisions I have made.
    Brought home a new pup last week. He is a Vizsla, named him Griffey. It was actually the wife's idea. She said she wants my son to attach to a new dog before he leaves in June for Basic and AIT.
    Last edited by Jefferson24; 11-12-2013 at 02:59 PM.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

15. Likes:

moewan (11-13-2013),westofyou (11-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    Brought home a new pup last week. He is a Vizsla, named him Griffey. It was actually the wife's idea. She said she wants my son to attach to a new dog before he leaves in June for Basic and AIT.
    Love that breed

A couple of months ago we had a stray dog find us. We didn't really know what to do, she was very sweet and energetic. After a long discussion we decided that we would keep her. When we first took her to the vet they originally said she was around 2 years old and spayed. When we took her to our vet she turned out to be 8 months and needed to be spayed. We named her Lola and are still getting used to a younger dog in the house. She and my daughter have become best friends and Lola is pretty protective over my daughter. We still miss our old dog like crazy but Lola has been a nice addition to our family.

18. Likes:

moewan (11-13-2013),redhawkfish (11-12-2013),westofyou (11-12-2013),WMR (11-12-2013)

Looks very sweet.

Turn Off Ads?