Turn Off Ads?

Thread: My Boy crossed the bridge today...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: My Boy crossed the bridge today...

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    Common term for animals passing. Comes from this poem:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
    Since I joined here in October, I've been so busy taking care of our cats at home (an upper respiratory infection going around and around for months) along with the 3 feral groups that I feed elsewhere, that I totally missed this thread. I had been trying to keep up with the AOR thread but even that's been a challenge with all the animal stuff happening. One at home that got a depot shot for her cold subsequently devoloped diabetes and I learned to give insulin shots for 2 weeks...when the steroid wore off it went into remission. There's no guarantees of course but we're hoping it's gone for good. Anyways when I read about all your babies here, I knew I was surrounded by really good people. I've always loved the Rainbow Bridge poem and for me it rings truth deep down, that we will indeed see them again. I know in my heart mine are waiting for me and that all of yours are too.

A good friend of mine shared another quote with me a while back when one of our babys had to be put to sleep. "I'm sending you on a journey to a far better place. Not because I don't love you. But because I love you too much to force you to stay."

2. Likes:

moewan (11-13-2013),SunDeck (12-09-2013),westofyou (11-16-2013)

Turn Off Ads?