Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: My Boy crossed the bridge today...

Re: My Boy crossed the bridge today...

We had one of those moments with our dog that made us laugh and go uh oh at the same time. My daughter is 17 months old and in love with the dog. They have become best friends with my daughter looking for her every time she gets up from bed or a nap. The other day my wife text me that my daughter straddled the dog and said "horse."

Pets make you laugh, cry, yell, shake you head, but in the end make your life better. The mourning is tough, but the memories they provide you last a lifetime.

2. Likes:

Spitball (12-10-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I'm old enough that I have gone through this 4 times as a adult. We usually have 2 dogs at a time. And the dogs were 18, 12, 15 and 13, so we had a good run with all of them.

We now have a 3 year old and a 2.5 year old. They might bury me.

My point is.... don't forget there are wonderful dogs out there now needing a home. They help ease the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I'm old enough that I have gone through this 4 times as a adult. We usually have 2 dogs at a time. And the dogs were 18, 12, 15 and 13, so we had a good run with all of them.

We now have a 3 year old and a 2.5 year old. They might bury me.

My point is.... don't forget there are wonderful dogs out there now needing a home. They help ease the pain.
    We will get another dog eventually, but I think we need to wait a while first.

We did get a kitten in June at the animal shelter, and she is helping ease the pain for us. Unfortunately, she also loved our old dog and seems to miss her.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball View Post
    I won't go into a long, sad post about our loving and much loved Whiskers, but we are taking her in tomorrow to end her suffering. After many family discussions, it seems the most humane and loving way to help her end her life with some dignity and remove her pain. She has been such a loyal and loving family member. She will be missed.
    I'm sorry for your loss Spitball. My thoughts are with you and your family.

7. Likes:

Spitball (12-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball View Post
    We will get another dog eventually, but I think we need to wait a while first.

We did get a kitten in June at the animal shelter, and she is helping ease the pain for us. Unfortunately, she also loved our old dog and seems to miss her.
    We waited a year and a half and it took me a few weeks to totally fall for the new puppy. Now I don't know what I would do without my big goofy Pippah.
    Last edited by redsfanmia; 12-10-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

9. Likes:

Spitball (12-10-2013)

Turn Off Ads?