Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 83 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Doc Rogers is an idiot. Worst sports talk guy they have, easily. I turn it off as soon as I hear him on there

2. Turn Off Ads?

I would like to see the Reds look at the Padres again for a trade partner, the Padres are going to be sellers at the deadline and they have a couple of guys that I think would help us now and next year,

1) Chris Denorfia- He can play Cf/LF and would be an ideal #2 hitter between Choo and Votto, and he would allow us to work Ludwick back in slowly, also hhis contract is 2 million per year.

2) Logan Forsyth- He can play SS/2b and immediately upgrades the bench and allows us to possibly platoon him with Cozart, it also allows us to waive Izturis.

I think this deal could be done using mid-level prospects, or we could just focus on acquiring just 1 of them.

4. Likes:

Billy Hamilton's Legs (07-15-2013),Hubba (07-15-2013)

Denorifa has a .328 OBP. Not real good.

He has been mashing lefties, though. .887 OPS in 2011, .890 in 2012, .873 this year. Worst case is he would be a good platoon player. If he could be had for cheap, I wouldn't be against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post

He has been mashing lefties, though. .887 OPS in 2011, .890 in 2012, .873 this year. Worst case is he would be a good platoon player. If he could be had for cheap, I wouldn't be against it.
    .328 obp is not great, but it is .14 better than league average at least.

I cannot really give much data to back it up, and at the risk of sounding like Harold Reynolds I have just always liked the way Denorfia plays the game. Was sad when the Reds let him go.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

I cannot really give much data to back it up, and at the risk of sounding like Harold Reynolds I have just always liked the way Denorfia plays the game. Was sad when the Reds let him go.
    I was sad too, but really just because RedsZone had me believing he was going to be Mays with less power and a touch less speed.

How about Jose Veras for a target?

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Doc Rogers is an idiot. Worst sports talk guy they have, easily. I turn it off as soon as I hear him on there
    Agreed. Last week he was trying to explain how the Reds were 5 games behind in the wild card race until a caller had to correct him. It's hard to believe he was actually employed in a baseball front office at one time.

9. Likes:

Nasty_Boy (07-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Narron View Post
    It's hard to believe he was actually employed in a baseball front office at one time.
    It just goes to show you how dysfunctional things were at the top at the time.

Armando Galarraga traded to Rockies for RHP Parker Frazier.

(Maybe this should go in Minor League forum?)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Narron View Post
    Agreed. Last week he was trying to explain how the Reds were 5 games behind in the wild card race until a caller had to correct him. It's hard to believe he was actually employed in a baseball front office at one time.
    Yeah, but hey, you used to manage our team and now you post here.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

13. Likes:

RedEye (07-15-2013),RichRed (07-15-2013),westofyou (07-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Knightro28 View Post
    Armando Galarraga traded to Rockies for RHP Parker Frazier.

(Maybe this should go in Minor League forum?)
    Parker Frazier can't lose?

He has done so a whole bunch recently.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

15. Likes:

Big Klu (07-15-2013),Tom Servo (07-15-2013)

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Rockies Acquire Armando Galarraga
    By Steve Adams [July 15 at 11:47am CST]
    Here's your rundown of Monday's minor moves from around the league...

The Rockies have traded minor league right-hander Parker Frazier to the Reds in exchange for Armando Galarraga, the team announced on Twitter. Frazier was the team's eighth-round pick in 2007 and has a career 4.75 ERA with 5.8 K/9 and 2.5 BB/9 in 699 minor league innings. The 24-year-old reached Triple-A this season for the first time. Frazier entered the season as the team's No. 30 prospect, according to Baseball America. Galarraga famously threw a near-perfect game with the Tigers in 2010. He has a 4.78 ERA in 542 career Major League innings, though he's been significantly better in Triple-A this season, pitching to a 2.98 ERA with 6.6 K/9 and 3.6 BB/9. The move is clearly a depth signing, as the Rockies announced that Galarraga will report to Triple-A Colorado Springs.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/...99/#more-15099

Parker Frazier traded to Reds for Armando Galarraga

The Rockies picked Frazier in the eighth round of the 2007 draft. A top high school pitcher in Oklahoma, Frazier underwent elbow surgery earlier in his pro career and began showing promise. He was arguably Tulsa’s best starter last season, and appeared to have a shot to make the Rockies as a middle reliever at one point in September. Frazier was a candidate for the bullpen this spring, but struggled in his transition. He posted a 10.67 ERA in nine games with the Sky Sox, including three starts.

He has been involved in several trade talks over the last few years. This offers a potentially fresh start for the right-hander.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post

He and Rajai Davis would be great targets as a lefty masher in the outfield, if the Reds are focusing on marginal improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

To be fair, his career OBP is .340, which IMO would look really nice in that two slot compared to what the team has been trotting out there so far this year. Deno would also be a welcome relief from Choo in CF in the late innings (or even in the early innings, if management would ever consider it).

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    He and Rajai Davis would be great targets as a lefty masher in the outfield, if the Reds are focusing on marginal improvements.
    +1

Anything can happen in October but I think there are better teams than the Reds. The "big" acquisitions are hopefully the return of our injured players. However I hope the Reds do try to improve the team at the margins. Deno or Davis are good targets.

Remember when the Red Sox got Dave Roberts in 2004. Down by one in the 9th in game 4 of the ALCS facing Mariano Rivera and down 3-0 in the series Roberts steals 2nd & scores on a hit. The game goes into extras, Sox win then win the next 3 & then the World Series. Good bench players are nice to have!

Turn Off Ads?