Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 83 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Cueto, Marshall and Heisey were all ready to go at one point and then missed significantly more time. The Reds don't need an upgrade from Ludwick, but they need an upgrade from Xavier Paul and Derrick Robinson to take over now and be available in case Ludwick doesn't come back and to play on the frequent days that he needs off. They also need a bridge to Hamilton who is looking less and less likely for 2014 IMO. I still think they can't afford Rios, but the Reds should go after a Reliever and LF/CF/4th OF package from some team. De Aza/Lindstrom from the White Sox, De Jesus/Russell from the Cubs, Ruggiano/Webb from the Marlins, Thurston/Denorfia from the Padres are four that come to mind. I'd give up Hoover as a main guy to get De Aza/Lindstrom or De Jesus/Russell. I'd probbaly only go with lesser guys in the other deals.

I'd absolutely give up Guillon for Russell straight-up. Not Garrett. I'd have to think about Contreras. I'd absolutely add Contreras to a package that brings De Jesus as well.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Is Jose Guillen available?

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    The Reds don't need an upgrade from Ludwick, but they need an upgrade from Xavier Paul and Derrick Robinson to take over now and be available in case Ludwick doesn't come back and to play on the frequent days that he needs off.
    I think it is wrong to assume that 2013 Ludwick will approach 2012 Ludwick, especially coming off shoulder surgery. Heck, even without the injury, some sort of regression was likely this season.

5. Likes:

joshua (07-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I think it is wrong to assume that 2013 Ludwick will approach 2012 Ludwick, especially coming off shoulder surgery. Heck, even without the injury, some sort of regression was likely this season.
    Another reason to make a deal as insurance.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Another reason to make a deal as insurance.
    Agreed. Just not sure who is out there who really represents good insurance (not really convinced by any of the names that have been brought up). I sure hope Walt can pull something out of a hat.

Cueto, Marshall and Heisey were all ready to go at one point and then missed significantly more time. The Reds don't need an upgrade from Ludwick, but they need an upgrade from Xavier Paul and Derrick Robinson to take over now and be available in case Ludwick doesn't come back and to play on the frequent days that he needs off. They also need a bridge to Hamilton who is looking less and less likely for 2014 IMO. I still think they can't afford Rios, but the Reds should go after a Reliever and LF/CF/4th OF package from some team. De Aza/Lindstrom from the White Sox, De Jesus/Russell from the Cubs, Ruggiano/Webb from the Marlins, Thurston/Denorfia from the Padres are four that come to mind. I'd give up Hoover as a main guy to get De Aza/Lindstrom or De Jesus/Russell. I'd probbaly only go with lesser guys in the other deals.

I'd absolutely give up Guillon for Russell straight-up. Not Garrett. I'd have to think about Contreras. I'd absolutely add Contreras to a package that brings De Jesus as well.
    Of those, I definitely like the White Sox package the best. Cubs and Marlins would be OK, no thanks to Chris Denorfia and the Padres. I'd certainly prefer a RH-hitting OF to platoon with either Paul or Choo, and unfortunately both de Aza and DeJesus hit LH (in addition to sharing "De" prefixes).

I think there is a bit of a mismatch between your hypotheticals - JJ Hoover as the centerpiece of a de Aza/Lindstrom deal? OF COURSE we'd do that. Doubt the White Sox would- I'd think they'd ask for a lot more.

And as for the Cubs proposal, I'm not sure Garrett has more trade value than Guillon at this point. Maybe a little, but it's pretty close IMO. Same age, same level (as of today) but Guillon is clearly more developed. Garrett might have higher upside though. Either way I think it would be close.
    Go BLUE!!!

Chris Dickerson anyone? Just DFA'd by the Orioles.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Yankees Release Brennan Boesch

By Jeff Todd [July 19 at 5:36pm CST]

The Yankees have released outfielder Brennan Boesch, the team announced via press release.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Of those, I definitely like the White Sox package the best. Cubs and Marlins would be OK, no thanks to Chris Denorfia and the Padres. I'd certainly prefer a RH-hitting OF to platoon with either Paul or Choo, and unfortunately both de Aza and DeJesus hit LH (in addition to sharing "De" prefixes).

I think there is a bit of a mismatch between your hypotheticals - JJ Hoover as the centerpiece of a de Aza/Lindstrom deal? OF COURSE we'd do that. Doubt the White Sox would- I'd think they'd ask for a lot more.

And as for the Cubs proposal, I'm not sure Garrett has more trade value than Guillon at this point. Maybe a little, but it's pretty close IMO. Same age, same level (as of today) but Guillon is clearly more developed. Garrett might have higher upside though. Either way I think it would be close.
    One spot where we differ is that I think the clock has struck midnight on Xavier Paul, so I don't mind a lefty. Also, Paul can't play defense very well, so he's not an option to backfill next year when Choo leaves and Hamilton isn't ready. Hoover, Robinson, Contreras and a couple other guys (maybe Rogers or Guillon or some one like that) for Dejesus and Russell. Cubs don't add Russell, I keep Hoover.

There is allegedly a "mystery team" out of the NL that has jumped into the Garza sweepstakes and is holding up a Rangers deal that was thought to be imminent.

I know the Reds were a hair away from trading for Garza at last year's deadline, but decided the price of Stubbs and Hamilton was too steep. Any chance it's Walt again?

(I doubt it, but could be interesting...)

If that was the case, could be an indictment on Cueto/Marshall/Broxton's health and/or likelihood of returning this season.

Would you do Hamilton, Hoover and Rogers for Garza, Russell and DeJesus? Would be funny if Garza had to play for Baker and alongside Cueto.
    Last edited by Benihana; 07-19-2013 at 07:23 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

There is allegedly a "mystery team" out of the NL that has jumped into the Garza sweepstakes and is holding up a Rangers deal that was thought to be imminent.

I know the Reds were a hair away from trading for Garza at last year's deadline, but decided the price of Stubbs and Hamilton was too steep. Any chance it's Walt again?

If that was the case, could be an indictment on Cueto/Marshall/Broxton's health and/or likelihood of returning this season.

Would you do Hamilton, Hoover and Rogers for Garza, Russell and DeJesus? Would be funny if Garza had to play for Baker and alongside Cueto.
    It could be. It would push Cingrani to the pen to take Marshall's place.

If they could make the money work, I'd do it. Garza would step into the rotation now and Russell and Cingrani to the pen. Cubs probably want more. They could probably get better than Hamilton, Hoover for Garza by himself.

Cubs are going to want a solid starting pitching prospect back and a solid offensive prospect back for Garza. And they'll likely get it. Reds don't have either to offer.

Plus it's not worth it. Basically it means an upgrade in tne pen for the Reds, as it moves Cingrani to the pen. That's not worth even one top prospect.

Garza makes no sense for either the Reds or the Cubs.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Cubs are going to want a solid starting pitching prospect back and a solid offensive prospect back for Garza. And they'll likely get it. Reds don't have either to offer.

Plus it's not worth it. Basically it means an upgrade in tne pen for the Reds, as it moves Cingrani to the pen. That's not worth even one top prospect.

Garza makes no sense for either the Reds or the Cubs.
    Well it does make sense from the Reds standpoint, but not a lot from the Cubs. Have to believe it's the Braves or Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Well it does make sense from the Reds standpoint, but not a lot from the Cubs. Have to believe it's the Braves or Cards.
    The point is Garza isn't much of an upgrade over Cingrani, except in experience. The upgrade is moving Cingrani to the pen, which lasts one half year, when Garza leaves in the off season. Not worth top prospects, imo. If the Reds had a hole in the rotation, then maybe, but they don't.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Turn Off Ads?