Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 83 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jones1 View Post
    Byrd hit another HR today. Lets go get this guy. Players like Rios and Young will require the moon.
    If Byrd is the target I'd remind everyone his OPS is quite a bit higher than Jay Bruce's this year. I think it would require a real prospect or two.

Would you give up Yorman Rodriguez?

Would you give up Corcino or Travieso?

Would you give up two of Mejias-Brean, Carlos Contreras and, say, Amir Garrett? Or maybe Ryan Wright and one of those three?

Just guessing that this is the level that would be requested. I don't think the Mets would seriously expect the very top prospects, Hamilton, Stephenson, Winker, Cingrani, guys like that.
    Last edited by Kc61; 07-21-2013 at 09:50 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    If Byrd is the target I'd remind everyone his OPS is quite a bit higher than Jay Bruce's this year. I think it would require a real prospect or two.

Would you give up Yorman Rodriguez?

Would you give up Corcino or Travieso?

Would you give up two of Mejias-Brean, Carlos Contreras and, say, Amir Garrett? Or maybe Ryan Wright and one of those three?

Just guessing that this is the level that would be requested. I don't think the Mets would seriously expect the very top prospects, Hamilton, Stephenson, Winker, Corcino, guys like that.
    I'd give Wright and Mejias-Brean for sure. I'd think about Contreras. I'd probably resist on Garrett. I'd want more for Travieso or Yorman. Not sure about Corcino at this point. I'd like to know how the Reds view his 2013 in relation to his overall potential.
    Last edited by mth123; 07-21-2013 at 06:38 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I'd give Wright and Mejias-Brean for sure. I'd think about Contreras. I'd probaby resist on Garrett. I'd want more for Travieso or Yorman. Not sure about Corcino at this point. I'd like to know how the Reds view his 2013 in relation to his overall potential.
    Agree with this, except I think Contreras has (arguably) at least as much trade value as Garrett at this point. Ditto for Guillon.

I'd move Cisco for Byrd in a minute.
    Last edited by Benihana; 07-21-2013 at 06:44 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

I would not give up SMB for Byrd. 3rd base is too thin, and SMB is starting to look quite interesting. (Plus, with Wright at 3B the Mets wouldn't be interested.) I think you look at minor league OFs or pitchers.

I don't see why the Mets would let this year's very productive version of Marlon Byrd go for anything less than somebody who is nearly major league ready. If I were their GM, the asking price would be Rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    I would not give up SMB for Byrd. 3rd base is too thin, and SMB is starting to look quite interesting. (Plus, with Wright at 3B the Mets wouldn't be interested.) I think you look at minor league OFs or pitchers.
    Doubt the Mets would be looking at 3B as well. With Ike Davis troubles, they may be interested in 1B or at least a RH tandem guy and yes, I'd do Neftali Soto in a heartbeat.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    I don't see why the Mets would let this year's very productive version of Marlon Byrd go for anything less than somebody who is nearly major league ready. If I were their GM, the asking price would be Rogers.
    Done.

Speaking of the Mets, anybody have interest in John Buck? OBP is low, but he adds RH pop and his splits against RHP aren't horrible. Just let Mes play against the lefty pitchers.

Speaking of the Mets, anybody have interest in John Buck? OBP is low, but he adds RH pop and his splits against RHP aren't horrible. Just let Mes play against the lefty pitchers.
    And then what happens to Hanigan?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    He can stay on the DL until September 1 or come off if one of the others goes down.

He can stay on the DL until September 1 or come off if one of the others goes down.
    Aha. Yeah, I forgot he was on the DL.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Good question.

But the same question can be asked about LF, C, relief pitching, maybe even starter. Should they acquire new players or rely on the return of injured guys like Ludwick, Hanigan, the relievers, Cueto?

Reds will have to make these judgments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Good question.

But the same question can be asked about LF, C, relief pitching, maybe even starter. Should they acquire new players or rely on the return of injured guys like Ludwick, Hanigan, the relievers, Cueto?

Reds will have to make these judgments.
    For some reason, I don't worry about RP acquisitions affecting team chemistry as much. Theirs is a more interchangeable lifestyle from year to year, it seems, just as it is in actual games. Position players like Hanigan, though, not as much. He's been a major player on the Reds for the last several years, and has had a huge impact on the rotation -- whether that is just a personality familiarity thing or something traceable to actual performance, his demotion / relegation to bench or minor league duty would have an effect on the team IMO.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Ex-Giants closer Brian Wilson is expected to begin showcasing his arm for teams within the next few weeks and the Giants have asked Wilson's representative to include them in the process, reports Schulman. Wilson underwent his second Tommy John surgery 15 month ago.

For some reason, I don't worry about RP acquisitions affecting team chemistry as much. Theirs is a more interchangeable lifestyle from year to year, it seems, just as it is in actual games. Position players like Hanigan, though, not as much. He's been a major player on the Reds for the last several years, and has had a huge impact on the rotation -- whether that is just a personality familiarity thing or something traceable to actual performance, his demotion / relegation to bench or minor league duty would have an effect on the team IMO.
    Unfortunately for Walt, he has tough decisions to make. Your point about Hanigan and chemistry is good, but what if he comes back and still doesn't hit?

Walt has to consider the condition of the injured guys; the demands made by trade partners; the impact of player move on team defense and chemistry; plus financial considerations. Tough job right now.

One thing we share around here is that we wish him good luck.

Turn Off Ads?