Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    How about Arroyo for Dylan Bundy?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...lan-bundy.html

On a serious note, we only have two days left to go get Alexis Rios. I really hope we make a move.
    This is one of those 'bait and switch' tactics you see every year at the trade deadline. The Orioles are probably getting very little interest in what they are offering so they throw a big name in the hat and everybody comes running and they try to rekindle a deal with lesser players.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Do all three? LOL...Bungle you must want to go back to 2006 where the Reds hit like thunder but couldn't pitch worth a cent
    I acknowledged the depleted rotation in my post, but I also believe that pitching will not lack too much. If we did all three, a pipe dream I know, then we would still have Latos as our ace, Leake who is coming into his own, Cingrani who is having a great rookie year, and Arroyo could resigned too. So there is 4 out of 5 SP who are all performing well this year. You then have Corcino who is a top prospect despite underwhelming performance in AAA or I am sure there is a FA pitcher out there who can fill a 5th starter role. Plus we have Stephenson blazing through the minors too.
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    I acknowledged the depleted rotation in my post, but I also believe that pitching will not lack too much. If we did all three, a pipe dream I know, then we would still have Latos as our ace, Leake who is coming into his own, Cingrani who is having a great rookie year, and Arroyo could resigned too. So there is 4 out of 5 SP who are all performing well this year. You then have Corcino who is a top prospect despite underwhelming performance in AAA or I am sure there is a FA pitcher out there who can fill a 5th starter role. Plus we have Stephenson blazing through the minors too.
    Corcino is not a viable option at this point whatsoever.

5. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-29-2013)

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Tigers acquire Veras for an average single A OF prospect - why are other GMs capable of trading crappy OFers every year and Walt is unable to do this?
    You just said he was an average single A player...

Quote Originally Posted by OneManBand View Post
    You just said he was an average single A player...
    And?

If you are referring to how I said average and crappy.

To me an average prospect is a crappy major leaguer until proven otherwise

Who is to say Walt isn't offering single A prospects and the team's prefer ones on other teams? It takes two teams to make a trade, and the Reds are just 1 of 29 other teams in the league.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

9. Likes:

dwyerbrg (07-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Who is to say Walt isn't offering single A prospects and the team's prefer ones on other teams? It takes two teams to make a trade, and the Reds are just 1 of 29 other teams in the league.
    I understand that but I follow the Tigers pretty closely and it is seriously every year Dombrowski trades a random OFer for a major league piece. Is it possible other teams do not like how Walt smells of soup?

I would not trade both Cueto and Homer. If one goes, you've got to keep the other.

I would think Cueto and Chapman for Stanton would certainly get the Fish to think hard. Not sure if the Reds could stomach that deal, but it's certainly interesting to think about. I would prefer to try to do Hamilton and Chapman, but not sure that pries Stanton, especially since the Fish have Marisnick for CF.

Michael Lorenzen seems to be very highly thought of, and expected to be in Cincy fairly soon (definitely next year if not sometime in September.)

Plus if something like this were to happen, Reds could theoretically have enough money to re-sign Bailey and/or make a qualifying offer to Arroyo, to make sure the pitching staff didn't fall apart.
    Go BLUE!!!

Hamilton + Chapman for Stanton would (deservedly) get laughed at by the Marlins.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I'd deal Homer for Profar or Castro.
    Would you do Homer for Xander Bogarts?

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I agree. At this point, I also think Cueto is probably third on the "to sign" list behind Latos and Bailey. Leake and Cingrani are still controllable for a few years. Assuming the Reds can't keep all of them, Johnny might be the one to deal for the right return.
    You are a GM. How much are you giving up for a starting pitcher who has been DLd three times this season and hardly pitched?

He isn't a Peavey who came back from injury. Cueto is NOW injured.

If the Reds decide to trade a starter, it would be Arroyo or Bailey who have short remaining contracts with the club.

I doubt they will trade any starter now with Cueto hurt. Depth is too thin to trade one right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Hamilton + Chapman for Stanton would (deservedly) get laughed at by the Marlins.
    I do not think it would get laughed at. But with Cishek developing as a nice closer, they would probably not want to take on Chapman too.

I think they would think hard about Cueto and Hamilton. They would get an ace pitcher at decent price and a near major league ready OF who is a switch batter and had speed. Hamilton's average is slowly on the rise and he is young and controlled as well.
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

The only problem is the Marlins do not need OFers, they need IFers

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    But why not? It worked out VERY well for the Rays trading away Shields/Davis in the offseason.
    That would be an example that agrees with my post. Trading solid major league starters like Bailey, Arroyo, or Leake could be explored just like the Rays did there. Notice the Rays didn't trade Price.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I like Homer, but there's no way he's a top 10 MLB pitcher. Not even close.

I posted the numbers on another thread, he's not very consistent at even cranking out QS. He's a #3 starter with some more upside that has yet to be realized. That's it.
    QS is a pretty poor metric for judging the overall quality of a pitcher. I've never understood why 6 IP and 3 ER (4.50 ERA) should count for much of anything. If you look at Homer's other stats, a case can be made for top-15, if not top-10. He's certainly not a #3.

Turn Off Ads?