Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 83 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

I think Garza is more likely than Shields. Remember, the Reds were interested in Garza before he got hurt last year.

Garza and Soriano? Yeah, that's probably a pipe dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I think Garza is more likely than Shields. Remember, the Reds were interested in Garza before he got hurt last year.

Garza and Soriano? Yeah, that's probably a pipe dream.
    depending on the package yes.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Too much bad blood between the Reds and Garza for him to don a Cincinnati uniform, plus I don't think he's a particular upgrade over any of our starting pitchers anyway.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

coachpipe (07-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Too much bad blood between the Reds and Garza for him to don a Cincinnati uniform, plus I don't think he's a particular upgrade over any of our starting pitchers anyway.
    I don't think that first point matters, at least it shouldn't.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

i would take garza over sunshine right now.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Considering Dusty suggested Cueto and Garza should throw down and fight, I feel like it matters a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    i would take garza over sunshine right now.
    I have no idea what this means.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

9. Likes:

coachpipe (07-09-2013)

Not to completely derail this conversation, but bad blood between players doesn't necessarily go away the minute they find themselves on the same team. Ask Piazza and Clemens what was really going on in the 2004 All-Star game.

Considering Dusty suggested Cueto and Garza should throw down and fight, I feel like it matters a little bit.

I have no idea what this means.
    i would take garza over bronson.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Not to completely derail this conversation, but bad blood between players doesn't necessarily go away the minute they find themselves on the same team. Ask Piazza and Clemens what was really going on in the 2004 All-Star game.
    But it doesn't have to be an issue either. Weren't there some Reds who ruffled Mat Latos' feathers when he was with the Padres, even to the point that someone was hit with a purpose pitch?

I think Garza would be happy to get out of that situation in Chicago, though he'd only be jumping from fourth to third place.

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    I know John Fay said that Stephenson and Hamilton are untouchable.

However, I think including Stephenson in a trade that would get us Profar would be considered the right trade. But, I cannot see the Rangers trading Profar without also getting a ML pitcher in return. I was thinking maybe Leake or Reynolds in AAA might get the wheels moving on this trade along with some of our other decent prospects.
    With Cueto's health problems, I don't think the Reds can risk trading Leake or anyone in the rotation right now. It's just too dangerous (the dropoff from Leake to Reynolds or another replacement would be huge).

Also, I think Profar is more of a long term investment. All signs say he will be a good SS, but this year, I'm not sure if he's worth significantly more than Cozart.
    If we're going to get a bat, I'd rather get a LF than Profar (considering what Profar would cost)

My dream list would be a LF and another solid pitcher (either starter or reliever)
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    i would take garza over bronson.
    I hope you're not talking about pitching wise. Garza will be hurt by September. Arroyo, meanwhile, will continue to plod along and spectacularly eat innings Garza will only dream about.

15. Likes:

Big Klu (07-09-2013),HeatherC1212 (07-08-2013),Tom Servo (07-08-2013)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I know it's a long-shot, but I, for one, would love to see the Reds acquire Jimmy Rollins. The Phils could toss in Michael Young too and the Reds could move Frazier to LF.

Rollins
    Choo
    Young
    Votto
    BP
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Mesoraco
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I know it's a long-shot, but I, for one, would love to see the Reds acquire Jimmy Rollins. The Phils could toss in Michael Young too and the Reds could move Frazier to LF.

Rollins
    Choo
    Young
    Votto
    BP
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Mesoraco
    Who are the Reds giving up in that deal? If it involved any top prospects, I would hate it.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    I hope you're not talking about pitching wise. Garza will be hurt by September. Arroyo, meanwhile, will continue to plod along and spectacularly eat innings Garza will only dream about.
    that is a fair point, however i'm tired of not being able to trust bronson. his body of work for the season is fine. if i had to run one of my five guys out there in a must win he would be number 5. too many fat pitches getting crushed.

latos
    baily
    cingrani
    leake
    arroyo

19. Likes:

remdog (07-09-2013)

Young isn't any better with the bat than Frazier and Frazier is better defensively. Rollins is just bad. I would imagine neither are cheap either. Not sure that makes sense.

Turn Off Ads?