Turn Off Ads?
Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283
Results 1,231 to 1,235 of 1235

Thread: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OneManBand View Post
    Reds trade Adam Dunn to the DBacks for the unattractive Dallas.. Dallas Buck & 2 other prospects.

The other two actually saw time with the Reds being Micah Owings, and Wilkin Castillo.http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...pbp&pid=446868

I think the Reds gave up on Castillo too soon, that he would be an upgrade at third catcher now. He's not a star, but I'd rather see him than Corky or Ashley, who they won't even try.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post
    The other two actually saw time with the Reds being Micah Owings, and Wilkin Castillo.http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...pbp&pid=446868

I think the Reds gave up on Castillo too soon, that he would be an upgrade at third catcher now. He's not a star, but I'd rather see him than Corky or Ashley, who they won't even try.
    Of course, no organization has Castillo now (he's playing in Mexico) and he hasn't appeared in the majors for any team since the pre-play-off caliber Reds. His OPS in AAA during the 3 years since the Reds gave him a look in Cincy in 2009 was .697, .650 and .638. He's not better than Corky.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

As far as trade deadline activity goes, I'd just as soon see it moved back to June 15th. I've never really cared for teams altering the competitive balance of the season so late in the year simply because they had the ability to take on a big contract. We'll never get rid of the hired gun, but I like the idea that a team needs to be mostly assembled prior to the season and if they are going to make moves during the year, it needs to be sooner before so much of the season plays out.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

5. Likes:

HokieRed (08-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Hate is a powerful drug
    Disgust for ignorance, repitition, and stubbornness is more like it...I loved Dusty when he first got here, I've grown to despise him as a baseball manager.

I now know what the Cubs fans felt like back in the day...
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

As this thread has well exceeded 1,000 posts, I have created a second thread for the waiver trade deadline.
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Turn Off Ads?