Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 83 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 1235

Thread: Official Trade Deadline Thread

  1. #226
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,379

    Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

    Yikes, not sure that means good things about Marshall.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #227
    It's showtime! RedEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    7,968

    Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Yikes, not sure that means good things about Marshall.
    Or Broxton, for that matter.

  4. #228
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,655

    Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Yikes, not sure that means good things about Marshall.
    I'd say that is immaterial. They still need to add a better backend option even if they get both of those back.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  5. Likes:

    757690 (07-17-2013), Edd Roush (07-17-2013)

  6. #229
    Member BungleBengals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    651

    Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mlb...-trade-rumors/

    I know the date on this article is a little older, but it suggests that the Marlins might want two prospects in the Top 100. I checked the list and we have 4 of them in the list: Hamilton, Stephenson, Cingrani, and Corcino.

    I do not know much about our minors and what may sway the Marlins to bite. Any ideas as to what it might take to get Stanton?
    2013 Attendance: 6-0
    4/3/13, 4/16/13, 4/17/13, 8/3/13, 8/21/13, 9/7/13

  7. #230
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,424

    Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mlb...-trade-rumors/

    I know the date on this article is a little older, but it suggests that the Marlins might want two prospects in the Top 100. I checked the list and we have 4 of them in the list: Hamilton, Stephenson, Cingrani, and Corcino.

    I do not know much about our minors and what may sway the Marlins to bite. Any ideas as to what it might take to get Stanton?
    More than the Reds are going to offer? What makes anyone on here think that just because Stanton fits one of the Reds needs that the Marlins will subsequently just trade him to the Reds? I have never seen a legitimate source suggest that the Reds and Marlins are talking about a deal involving Stanton...

    Bum

  8. #231
    It's showtime! RedEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    7,968

    Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mlb...-trade-rumors/

    I know the date on this article is a little older, but it suggests that the Marlins might want two prospects in the Top 100. I checked the list and we have 4 of them in the list: Hamilton, Stephenson, Cingrani, and Corcino.

    I do not know much about our minors and what may sway the Marlins to bite. Any ideas as to what it might take to get Stanton?
    My guess is Corcino no longer counts among the top 100 given his recent implosion. I don't want to trade Stephenson. So that leaves Cingrani and Hamilton for Stanton. Let me think ... yep, I'd do that right now.

  9. Likes:

    traderumor (07-17-2013)

  10. #232
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    10,271

    Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I'd say that is immaterial. They still need to add a better backend option even if they get both of those back.
    Reds could get Marshall and Broxton back and still have room for both Perkins and Crain. Right now, Chapman and LeCure are the only two relievers the Reds have that are better than those four.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

  11. Likes:

    Mitri (07-17-2013)

  12. #233
    Member Mitri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    502

    Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Reds could get Marshall and Broxton back and still have room for both Perkins and Crain. Right now, Chapman and LeCure are the only two relievers the Reds have that are better than those four.
    Exactly. And you have to think that Walt will assume that at least one of those guys won't return or if he does won't return to his back-of-bullpen effectiveness (and yes, that player is like Broxton). This bullpen needs another healthy, shut-down righty.

  13. #234
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,379

    Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

    Not a player in baseball I would trade Stephenson for.

    EDIT: Well maybe Miguel Cabrera, but I'm talking about players who will actually be dealt.
    Last edited by reds44; 07-17-2013 at 02:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  14. #235
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,379

    Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Exactly. And you have to think that Walt will assume that at least one of those guys won't return or if he does won't return to his back-of-bullpen effectiveness (and yes, that player is like Broxton). This bullpen needs another healthy, shut-down righty.
    There's no reason to burn assets to trade for uneeded parts. The Reds bullpen has been lights out lately without Broxton and Marshall. The Reds have actual needs, focus on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  15. #236
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,953

    Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Not a player in baseball I would trade Stephenson for.

    EDIT: Well maybe Miguel Cabrera.
    For real?

  16. #237
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,379

    Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

    Not a big fan of trading starting pitchers who throw a hundo.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  17. #238
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    297

    Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Not a big fan of trading starting pitchers who throw a hundo.
    I think I may side with you on this. hopefully he can turn out to be a strasburg/Harvey kinda guy

  18. #239
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    10,271

    Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    There's no reason to burn assets to trade for uneeded parts. The Reds bullpen has been lights out lately without Broxton and Marshall. The Reds have actual needs, focus on them.
    What to give up for them is a different question. Bullpen is still a need. With the talent the Reds have there, it's more than likely this nice streak will not continue the rest of the year. The Reds need more arms in the pen.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

  19. Likes:

    Edd Roush (07-17-2013), traderumor (07-17-2013)

  20. #240
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Canton, OH
    Posts
    3,187

    Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

    I would trade Votto, Stephenson, Cingrani, Hamilton, Winker, Chapman and Ervin for Miguel Cabrera and not even think twice about it.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25