Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar

Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Hey, Chris Dickerson is available....lol!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I had such high hopes for Dickerson. I mean, he was Eric Dickerson's nephew after all.
    Pray for Rain.

Wily Tavares is available after being released by thr Royals.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...on-pauley.html

The Royals released Willy Taveras, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com tweets. Taveras, 31, hit .239/.308/.340 for Kansas City's Triple-A club in 279 plate appearances this year. The speedster last appeared in the majors in 2010 with the Nationals.
    Last edited by klw; 07-25-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Soriano looks to be heading back to the Yankees

I don't see us making a trade beyond shoring up depth in the infield. Frankly, I don't feel confident in the ability of Izturis or Hannahan to be capable long-term stopgaps if somebody goes down. Heck, I'd appreciate a Juan Francisco at this point.

If we are going to aquire a SS, then I like a couple of guys which have been rumored to be available.

Aybar from the Angels is making around the same as Ramirez, but is younger and hitting a lot better. Obviously the Angels want starting pitching and I wonder if we could get away with offering Travieso and Corcino or something.

Profar from the Rangers was rumored to be on the block with Kinsler and Andrus locking up the middle infield spots. It would take a lot to get him from them, but he is young and has been scouted heavily to be really good. Not to mention he is cheap and controlled for a while.

A dark horse that reds44 brought up is Starlin Castro. The Cubs have Baez coming up and that could spell Castro in the future. Downside is that he does make stupid mistakes here and there, new contract is a little expensive for the Reds, and it would be an in-division trade. Upside is that he is a former All-Star, offensive, young, and controlled for a while SS.

Best shot at deadline would likely be Aybar. Profar and Castro would likely have to happen in the winter.

My prediction for the deadline is that Reynolds is traded since he cannot be sent down and the SP pool is seeing a rise in demand (especially Atlanta) and fall in supply. Might be able to package him with another mid-level prospect to get a rental reliever or bench bat. For a bat, I am not sure what the Mariners want, but I really like Ibanez. Great production this year despite age and has a lot of clutch hits especially in the playoffs. For a reliever, I like Scott Downs from Angels, since the Marlins have said that Dunn is off the market (Cishek too). Downs is a lefty with great numbers who could fill the void of Marshall since it is rumored he is done for the season.
    2013 Attendance: 6-0
    4/3/13, 4/16/13, 4/17/13, 8/3/13, 8/21/13, 9/7/13

I'd be shocked if the Reds made a play to replace Cozart. Great defense, some pop, cost controlled for a while - hitting 7th or 8th he's not part of the problem. Ibanez costs little, would be a FA at season's end and shouldn't cost too much to acquire but he's a lefty - although he hits lefties at .874 OPS clip (.570 slugging 92 ABs).

9. Likes:

bucksfan2 (07-26-2013), Edd Roush (07-26-2013), mth123 (07-26-2013), REDREAD (07-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Peavy and Ramirez for Cingrani, Cozart, and a mid level prospect.

Who says no?
    I would not do that.
    Replacing Cozart with Alexi Ramirez might not be an upgrade.
    We all know about Cozart being OBP challenged, but Ramerez is only OBP 308 this year (315 lifetime). Why give up those relatively cheap years of Cozart for a guy on a 4 year /32 million contract? Cozart is 27, Ramirez is 31. I don't know about Ramirez's defense, but Cozart's is a real asset.

Same argument of age-salary for Cingrani-Peavy.. Not only that, but Cingrani is a potential force in the bullpen for the playoffs. You get Peavy instead, what are you going to do? Put Homer or Arroyo in the pen? That's really not going to work as well, IMO.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-26-2013)

Cozart does not play "great" defense. He plays good defense, but it's not great.
    "The guy I think could be really good in center is Adam Dunn. If someone asked me if Dunn could be a center fielder for the next 10 years, if he started working on it, no one could explain to me why he couldn’t do it." - Brad Kullman

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    You sir, should be flogged.
    Suck it up cupcake.

14. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-26-2013), marcshoe (07-26-2013), pahster (07-26-2013), Raisor (07-26-2013), Tom Servo (07-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Cozart does not play "great" defense. He plays good defense, but it's not great.
    I wouldn't put him in the "Ozzie" category, no, but the next level below it, certainly and better than most replacement targets that are talked about.

16. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-26-2013)

Soriano to Yankees has been completed.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-cubs/2588617/

Soriano to Yankees has been completed.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-cubs/2588617/
    Good for them. Thank goodness he won't be a Red.

"@pgammo: Keep hearing White Sox need pitching for Peavy, as 5 of their 6 best prospects are position players."

So, what's the point in scouting Peavy/trading with the White Sox if they want pitching? If we give up any of our ML starters or Stephenson, or Traveiso etc. we better be getting a lot more then Peavy in return...

Even giving up Corcino would be bad on our end IMO. We'd be selling low. If he can get the speed back on his fastball consistently then he goes back to being what he was considered last year

If we do trade for Peavy, I think it has to be something where some team that wants him isn't a match, we take him and then immediately flip him.

Then again, knowing Walt, if the Reds are rumored to be interested in somebody, there's a chance there's not much to it. Maybe Walt is just trying to drive the price up so Pittsburgh or St. Louis doesn't nab him.

I've always hated you
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Turn Off Ads?