White Sox Ready To Sell; Won't Trade Sale Or Konerko
    By Steve Adams [June 27, 2013 at 5:11pm CST]

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...r-konerko.html

White Sox Ready To Sell; Won't Trade Sale Or Konerko
    By Steve Adams [June 27, 2013 at 5:11pm CST]
    I think Alex Rios could solve some offense woes but makes it messy next year with Ludwick still signed. Out of right-handed batting outfielders, he's probably the most acquirable and best available.

4. Likes:

Benihana (06-30-2013)

If anybody on the White Sox, I'd be interested in getting Alexi Ramirez and sending Cozart and a prospect to Chicago. But I think Ramirez makes too much money for it to be a possibility for the Reds.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I don't think the White Sox would want Cozart. They need offense.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    If anybody on the White Sox, I'd be interested in getting Alexi Ramirez and sending Cozart and a prospect to Chicago. But I think Ramirez makes too much money for it to be a possibility for the Reds.
    Alexi Ramirez and Zack Cozart are very similar players. Alexi is better at making contact and has a slightly higher BA, but amazingly, he is worse at taking a walk than Cozart. Therefore, he has a slightly higher OBP, but nothing substantial. Furthermore, Cozart has more pop, so their bats are probably a wash. Both also have similar gloves, so while Ramirez may be a slightly better baserunner, it is nothing worth the higher salary or the prospect it would take to acquire him.

8. Likes:

Redeyecat (06-28-2013)

I don't see why we would trade a young Cozart for an aging Ramirez. At best, they are a wash offensively. I'd rather have Cozart's 6 more HRs than a 30 point bump in OBP.

10. Likes:

Redeyecat (06-28-2013),remdog (07-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    What does Ramirez do better than Cozart? If that deal get's made, the Sox should be kicking in the prospect.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

12. Likes:

remdog (07-09-2013)

for not noticing ChiSox's own Cuban Missile doesn't hit homeruns like he used to. Didn't realize he had such a lousy year last year, and isn't doing much better this year. I stand by my comment if it were still the year 2011.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

14. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (06-28-2013)

Do not have a link, but ken rosenthal tweeted a video of himself talking trades today and mentioned the Reds were looking or a starting pitcher after the cueto injury.

Orioles acquire Scott Feldman and Tony Clevenger from the Cubs for Jake Arrietta, Pedro Strop, and int'l bonus slots.

https://twitter.com/keithlaw/status/352115008521502720

Hate to say it, but I think it's a good deal for the Cubs.

Definitely a good trade for othe cubbies, Orioles really need SP though, I expect them to trade for another.

Dodgers acquired RHP Carlos Marmol and cash considerations from the Cubs for RHP Matt Guerrier.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I do not believe this is a good deal. Strop can't find the strike zone this year (even worse than in years past) and had good ERAs in 2011 & 2012 due to artificially low HR/9 rates. Now, I do not expect Strop to have a career average as high as his 2013 HR/9 (1.61, ouch), but I would expect him to end up around 1, which will bring his FIP around 4. Furthermore, Strop will begin to be arbitration eligible in 2014 and I don't think he will be such a bargain after next year. I just don't see a pitcher with a career BB/9 of 5.40 as valuable.

Jake Arrieta is also a guy who has struggled with walks big time in his career (4.00/9), and while he looked like he took a stop forward in that department this year, his small sample in the bigs this year showed regression.

I do not think Feldman is a super valuable asset, but I would have expected the Cubs to look for some younger, higher upside pieces. Acquiring two late 20s pitchers with control problems does not seem like such a great haul.

20. Likes:

757690 (07-02-2013),HeatherC1212 (07-08-2013),Redeyecat (07-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    I do not believe this is a good deal. Strop can't find the strike zone this year (even worse than in years past) and had good ERAs in 2011 & 2012 due to artificially low HR/9 rates. Now, I do not expect Strop to have a career average as high as his 2013 HR/9 (1.61, ouch), but I would expect him to end up around 1, which will bring his FIP around 4. Furthermore, Strop will begin to be arbitration eligible in 2014 and I don't think he will be such a bargain after next year. I just don't see a pitcher with a career BB/9 of 5.40 as valuable.

Jake Arrieta is also a guy who has struggled with walks big time in his career (4.00/9), and while he looked like he took a stop forward in that department this year, his small sample in the bigs this year showed regression.

I do not think Feldman is a super valuable asset, but I would have expected the Cubs to look for some younger, higher upside pieces. Acquiring two late 20s pitchers with control problems does not seem like such a great haul.
    I totally agree. Arrieta was once a promising prospect but is now 27-years-old and has never panned out. Strop is 28 and has been ineffective this year. I would have thought the Cubs would have wanted younger players with more upside.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

I wonder if the Feldman trade might have anything to do with Epstein and Hoyer sticking to the Red Sox. Just a thought as I try to figure the trade out from the Cubs point of view.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

23. Likes:

757690 (07-02-2013)

Turn Off Ads?