Turn Off Ads?
Page 68 of 83 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1235

Thread: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    If Jocketty is relying on 35 year old Ryan Ludwick and his bum shoulder to save this offense, then the Reds have more problems beyond the field that extend into the front office.
    The Brockton and Phillips signings were way worse than him possibly doing nothing today. I have serious worries about how things look moving forward.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

In my honest opinion, I just don't see any players out there to be had, that are better than what we have, that wouldn't require us to give up what little top prospects we have left.,,, With me saying that Walt will probably shock us all i.e. the Latos and Choo deals that came out of nowhere.

Has anybody been moved yet that would be an upgrade for the Reds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by wvreds View Post
    In my honest opinion, I just don't see any players out there to be had, that are better than what we have, that wouldn't require us to give up what little top prospects we have left.,,, With me saying that Walt will probably shock us all i.e. the Latos and Choo deals that came out of nowhere.
    I don't think anyone that looks available is worth any legit prospect.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

GM leads franchise to a playoff appearance for what appears will be a third time in four years after 15 years absence.

GM getting mocked, ridiculed and lambasted for incompetence by fans.

Funny place, this is.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

7. Likes:

Always Red (07-31-2013),Big Klu (07-31-2013),dubc47834 (07-31-2013),keeganbrick (07-31-2013),REDREAD (07-31-2013),reds44 (07-31-2013),Tom Servo (07-31-2013),VottoFan54 (07-31-2013),WildcatFan (07-31-2013)

honest question, would they DFA hannahan for a better backup 1b/3b? that's the only position I think could have an easy, helpful upgrade.
    Just call me Legs

Seattle is said to be aggressively looking to deal Michael Morse. Now there is a guy that could be acquired relatively cheaply, can play some infield in a pinch, and can beat the living snot out of lefties.

Go get him Walt!
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    GM leads franchise to a playoff appearance for what appears will be a third time in four years after 15 years absence.

GM getting mocked, ridiculed and lambasted for incompetence by fans.

Funny place, this is.
    It is really fantastic, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Seattle is said to be aggressively looking to deal Michael Morse. Now there is a guy that could be acquired relatively cheaply, can play some infield in a pinch, and can beat the living snot out of lefties.

Go get him Walt!
    He's been hurt a good chunk of this season. I don't know if he's healthy now but I do know he tends to be hurt a lot. If he's healthy and is very cheap he would be fine. The only infield position he can play is 1B,BTW.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    It is really fantastic, isn't it?
    With the utmost sarcastic emphasis possible on fantastic, yes indeed lol
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Has anybody been moved yet that would be an upgrade for the Reds?
    Jake Peavy would have pushed Cingrani into Sean Marshall's role. If you believe that Marshall isn't going to pitch this year, that's an upgrade. Probably not worth what they would have had to pay, but it would have upgraded the team.

Again....you can squint at Brian Wilson and say it could be an upgrade. There's risk there.

I could be convinced that Alberto Callaspo is an upgrade over Jack Hannahan.

Lots of hate expressed on the board at the reds bench and I don't feel it's that terrible, but if you look around the edges of the roster there is certainly room for improvement. They are not going to get Barry Larkin for nothing, but there is certainly room for improvement.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    Jake Peavy would have pushed Cingrani into Sean Marshall's role.
    Parra has filled Marshall's role perfectly, how big of an upgrade is Peavy over Cingrani in the rotation other than a bigger name?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

15. Likes:

wolfboy (07-31-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    He's been hurt a good chunk of this season. I don't know if he's healthy now but I do know he tends to be hurt a lot. If he's healthy and is very cheap he would be fine. The only infield position he can play is 1B,BTW.
    Hurt means cheap, in this case. The Reds need cheap. Michael Morse is pretty good. I am thinking he could be had for some sort of Heisey, and Sharky Rogers package.

Pretty sure he can moonlight at 3B as well, but it is probably very ugly.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

IMO Michael Morse is better than acquiring nothing. Gotta get better against lefties.

18. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-31-2013)

The Reds have to hold on and win the wild card, then win the one game play-in game before they make the playoffs.

Turn Off Ads?