Turn Off Ads?
Page 70 of 83 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1235

Thread: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    If you guys want to celebrate losing the one game play-in and "reaching the playoffs" that's fine. Me, I consider that a disappointing season. I don't consider that reaching the playoffs. I didn't in 1999 and won't now.
    1. Nobody would be celebrating it.
    2. We're not in it yet, so we haven't lost it yet.
    3. No matter what you consider it, it IS the playoffs.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

Brutus (07-31-2013),dubc47834 (07-31-2013),edabbs44 (07-31-2013),Raisor (07-31-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

If you guys want to celebrate losing the one game play-in and "reaching the playoffs" that's fine. Me, I consider that a disappointing season. I don't consider that reaching the playoffs. I didn't in 1999 and won't now.
    Soooo, you wish to go back to 15 years in a row with no playoffs....totally understandable!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Bet they were happier than if they would finished 10 games under .500!!!
    The Braves and Rangers did the same thing those teams that finished 10 games below .500 did - watched the playoffs from home.

I doubt you see their fans walking around wearing shirts that say 2012 one game play-in runner ups.

Soooo, you wish to go back to 15 years in a row with no playoffs....totally understandable!!!
    Yep, because that's exactly what I said.

The Braves and Rangers did the same thing those teams that finished 10 games below .500 did - watched the playoffs from home.

I doubt you see their fans walking around wearing shirts that say 2012 one game play-in runner ups.
    I doubt it too, but I'm sure those teams are saying to their fans that they made the playoffs. Plus Im sure those teams revenues are higher than those teams who were under .500.

So for you it's either win the division or you're the same as teams that didn't even have a winning season?

Yep, because that's exactly what I said.
    What are you saying then, help me to understand!!!

Marlon Byrd back on the block. Any takers?

I also doubt you see most of their fans insinuating their front offices are incompetent because they "only" made it to a one-game play-in that a few people will try to act as if it's not the "real playoffs."
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I doubt it too, but I'm sure those teams are saying to their fans that they made the playoffs. Plus Im sure those teams revenues are higher than those teams who were under .500.
    I bet the players aren't. People have incredibly low expectations if they are satisfied with just making the play-in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Marlon Byrd back on the block. Any takers?
    Byrd is the word. I wouldn't give up very much for him, but if he can be had cheaply, I would.

The Reds have to hold on and win the wild card, then win the one game play-in game before they make the playoffs.
    I thought we had come to conclude that while, yes, half the teams that will play in the one game playoff will lose, the other half will win!

Huzzah!

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...wednesday.html

There's much more action on James Russell right now than Kevin Gregg, according to ESPNChicago.com's Bruce Levine (on Twitter).

from earlier
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...illanueva.html

Levine also reports that James Russell was nearly acquired by the Braves last week, and he's now drawing interest from the Reds. The Braves have since acquired Scott Downs to fill the left-handed void in their bullpen. Russell had a rough outing in the first game of today's doubleheader, allowing a three-run home run to Khris Davis plus two other hits and a free pass.

https://twitter.com/AdamRubinESPN/st...30549707300864

I wouldn't give up much, but he could be a boost vs. lefties and solid Ludwick-insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    So for you it's either win the division or you're the same as teams that didn't even have a winning season?
    Nope. If the Reds win the play-in game, awesome. They made the playoffs and have as good a chance as any team to reach the World Series. Lose the play-in game and it's a disappointing season, one in which they failed to reach their goal and making the playoffs and possibly winning the World Series.

Turn Off Ads?