Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 83 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Young isn't any better with the bat than Frazier and Frazier is better defensively. Rollins is just bad. I would imagine neither are cheap either. Not sure that makes sense.
    Young would be replacing the LF audition squad. I actually would just put him in LF.

Rollins' OBP is .323, much more acceptable than Cozart's .264. Rollins was also an elite fielding SS in his prime. Not sure what he is today, and he might be a step slower than Cozart these days, but he still should be above average defensively.

Rollins also is much better #2 hitter than Cozart, and we know that's where both will be used.

Can't imagine either or both would cost any top prospects, but the money would be an issue.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I have a feeling the Reds are attempting to trade for Rollins, seems like a Walt/Dusty player. He has a full no trade clause though so he may shoot it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I know it's a long-shot, but I, for one, would love to see the Reds acquire Jimmy Rollins. The Phils could toss in Michael Young too and the Reds could move Frazier to LF.

Rollins
    Choo
    Young
    Votto
    BP
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Mesoraco
    You would move Joey out of the 3-hole for Michael Young?

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    You would move Joey out of the 3-hole for Michael Young?
    No No, he is referring to Dmitri Young.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I have a feeling the Reds are attempting to trade for Rollins, seems like a Walt/Dusty player. He has a full no trade clause though so he may shoot it down.
    I would be down with Rollins. Even if he does only OBP .320, that's still a full 60 points better than Cozart.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

Rollins may get a boost on a contender. If he is able to be had for some C prospects I think it would be a good move.

I wouldn't hate Rollins assuming you don't have to give up a lot to get him.

Young, I don't think does much.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

I think Dmitri Young would be a fantastic addition to this club. Bat him third and move Votto to the 5 hole behind Phillips. Print the World Series t-shirts.

Willingham is expected back by the deadline. He's no the DL with a torn meniscus, and the injury has been bothering him for some time and seemed to obviously be affecting his hitting. If he's healthy, he'd be perfect for the Reds. He's a good on base guy with power who hits from the right and could slip into the cleanup spot and free BP up for the second spot. But if the knee is going to continue to bother him, he wouldn't be a ton of help.

11. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-08-2013)

Young isn't any better with the bat than Frazier and Frazier is better defensively. Rollins is just bad. I would imagine neither are cheap either. Not sure that makes sense.
    I'm not giving up top prospects for those guys. And Rollins would be a significant upgrade over Cozart, regardless of how good he is.
    Sabermetrics is this: A batter's goal is to extend the inning. Extend enough innings and you're going to score runs. Extend more innings than your opponent and you're going to score more runs than him.

Forget the rain. It's never an official game until the Reds piss away a run between third base and home plate. - Bluegrass Redleg

I wouldn't hate Rollins assuming you don't have to give up a lot to get him.

Young, I don't think does much.
    Young would be a good back up, assuming the Phils cover some cost there.
    They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    He has also taught me that even when the Reds win it is important to focus on the fact that they could have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I'm not giving up top prospects for those guys. And Rollins would be a significant upgrade over Cozart, regardless of how good he is.
    You would think that the Phillies wouldn't ask for very much if somebody would take Rollins' contract--11 million this year (or however much of that is left) 11 million next year depending on plate appearances and DL time. While his bat has gone downhill, Rollins is an upgrade over Cozart.

What if we could try to aquire both Utley and Rollins? Utley could move to third and Frazier to LF with Rollins taking over SS.

The money is obviously a concern so offer some decent prospects and try to get money back.
    2014 Attendance 0-3
    3/31/14, 4/12/14, 8/14/15

2013 Attendance: 6-0
    4/3/13, 4/16/13, 4/17/13, 8/3/13, 8/21/13, 9/7/13

16. Likes:

Kc61 (07-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    What if we could try to aquire both Utley and Rollins? Utley could move to third and Frazier to LF with Rollins taking over SS.

The money is obviously a concern so offer some decent prospects and try to get money back.
    This is a poster I like. Thinks big. Go for it.

Like this idea too.

Turn Off Ads?