Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reds to be "Sellers" next month?

Re: Reds to be "Sellers" next month?

It's a marathon, not a sprint, etc etc etc.

I would agree that THIS team isn't WS "caliber"...but the team as it stood on opening day WAS. Let's see what happens if/when a healthy bullpen emerges, and what happens at left field. As for Choo, etc - you can't sustain what he was doing the first 6 weeks. That's video-game dreamland stuff. He's in a slump, but that doesn't sustain either. As for Bruce, we all know he's streaky.
    "I had a cigar in my back pocket...I didn't wanna break it." - Bartholomew "Bump" Bailey

2. Turn Off Ads?

Who last year at this time thought the giants were World Series contenders? If you raise your hand then your a giants fan. Or how about the cardinals the past few years? Get to the playoffs and anyone can get hot, just ask billy hatcher.....so yes the reds are playoff caliber so that makes them World Series contenders. Get to the playoffs and anything can happen, that's all reds fans are asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman Fever View Post
    Here's a comment worth reading. I'm a gambling man. I am worth right around $480K right now (house/vehicles/bank accounts/etc.) I just used the trusty little online calculator: I will bet (at a rate of 7 to 1) that the Reds WILL NOT win the WS this year. This means my $480K vs. ANYBODY'S $68,571......my sister is a registered state of Ohio notary.........any offers?? Oh, and if NOBODY even considers taking me up on this offer....then you are all admitting.....IT IS TIME TO TEAR DOWN AND REBUILD !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is kind of a silly offer. I don't want to see anyone on this board get completely wiped out financially if the Reds win the world series.

Also, to be fair, if the Reds win the division, they really only have a 1 in 8 shot to win the WS.
    If they win the wildcard, it's roughly 1 in 16.
    7 to 1 odds heavily favors you.

Today the Reds are only 3.5 out of first, and only 1.5 behind the Cardinals.
    They would be a wildcard team if the season ended now.
    To tear down this team would not be a smart move.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

5. Likes:

remdog (07-10-2013)

Here's a comment worth reading. I'm a gambling man. I am worth right around $480K right now (house/vehicles/bank accounts/etc.) I just used the trusty little online calculator: I will bet (at a rate of 7 to 1) that the Reds WILL NOT win the WS this year. This means my $480K vs. ANYBODY'S $68,571......my sister is a registered state of Ohio notary.........any offers?? Oh, and if NOBODY even considers taking me up on this offer....then you are all admitting.....IT IS TIME TO TEAR DOWN AND REBUILD !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Really? Firstly, no one cares what you value yourself at. Secondly, this is an internet board so no one believes you anyway. Third, that offer is in your favor regardless and individuals not willing to gamble away $70K doesn't mean they're admitting anything. This team is doing well and will continue to maintain pace in this division. We're only 3.5 games behind Pitt right now having won the 3 game series against the Giants and setting up to face the Mariners and the Brewers. I think we'll be sitting fine going into the All Star break.

While I wouldn't make the Reds the favorites to win the NL pennant, if the season ended today they would be in the playoffs. With a pitching staff headed by Latos and Bailey they would have a chance. Come October, the Reds could be a much stronger team if some of their players are healthy.
    Favorites? No.
    Contender? Yes.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Here's a comment not worth reading. I'm not a gambling man. I am worth right around -$68,571 right now (underwater mortgage/student loans/bank account/etc). I just used the trusty little "pain and agony of my finances" calculator. ...my sister isn't a registered notary, but she could pretend to be one, if that's what you're in to.

I'll bet my -68,571 against your $480K, right now, winner take all. I say the Reds will win the series in 4 games. If I win, I get your 480K. If you win, you get my mountain of debt and regret. So you see, it is really win/win.

And if you don't take this offer, then you are admitting.....IT IS NOT TIME TO TEAR DOWN AND REBUILD !!!!!111111
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

9. Likes:

720 PeteRoseWay (07-19-2013),kbrake (07-08-2013),OC_Red (07-10-2013),Pacman Fever (07-08-2013),RedlegJake (07-08-2013),remdog (07-10-2013)

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

If the Reds are in fact sellers then that would override everything that has been preached over the last few years. This team is known for staying put at the deadline.. I'd expect the same. Look for moves in August as usual.

Turn Off Ads?