Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Will Billy Hamilton get called up this year?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, before September 1

9 16.67%
  • Yes, after September 1

36 66.67%
  • No, he won't see Cincy until 2014

9 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Billy Hamilton get called up this year?

Re: Will Billy Hamilton get called up this year?

Put simply, it doesn't matter if he hits a lick, there's no way he's NOT up in September if only to run.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Watching Hamilton tonight in Columbus. His speed is good golly. Saw him make a throw from the 405 sign in deep LCF here, he's got a real good arm as well. Anyone know how they grade his arm out?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Watching Hamilton tonight in Columbus. His speed is good golly. Saw him make a throw from the 405 sign in deep LCF here, he's got a real good arm as well. Anyone know how they grade his arm out?
    50. Average.

He was always considered to have adequate arm strength at SS, but lacked the throwing mechanics. The mechanics for OF throws are a lot simpler, and adequate arm strength at SS translates to better than average arm strength for a CF.

I would like to see Hamilton in Cincy by the end of August. Hopefully he can get his OBP up to around .340 between now and then with a strong second half, much like he did in Dayton in 2011.
    Go BLUE!!!

I hope he has a second half like last year. I still haven't seen him actually play. Hearing the stories about him is always a trip. Inside the park homers, running around the bases in 12 seconds, catching a fly out on the warning track from SS... I'm almost glad I've never seen his exploits. Hearing what he does is like what I imagined it'd be like as a fan before TV or radio and hearing the tales of Cool Papa Bell.

I'd assume, like others, that he'll get called up when rosters expand. I hope he can start drawing walks. With him that could be as good as a double.

Late inning, down a run. LFer hits a double, put in Hamilton as a pinch runner. He will drive pitcher's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    I hope he has a second half like last year. I still haven't seen him actually play. Hearing the stories about him is always a trip. Inside the park homers, running around the bases in 12 seconds, catching a fly out on the warning track from SS... I'm almost glad I've never seen his exploits. Hearing what he does is like what I imagined it'd be like as a fan before TV or radio and hearing the tales of Cool Papa Bell.

I'd assume, like others, that he'll get called up when rosters expand. I hope he can start drawing walks. With him that could be as good as a double.

Late inning, down a run. LFer hits a double, put in Hamilton as a pinch runner. He will drive pitcher's crazy.
    He got to a gapper REAL fast that one hopped the 405 sign in Huntington Park up there in Columbus yesterday. I thought he might have a shot at it when I saw where it was headed (only because of who he is). No one else would have even been close. He had an INF single yesterday, ricocheted off the pitcher and went to the second baseman. Not shot at all whatsoever to throw him out.

I'm jealous.. I went to the game on Friday night.
    Of course, the Bats decided to give Billy a day off that day.
    I did see Corcino. He got beat up early in the game, and then settled down.
    I still have hope Corcino can be a BOR arm. I don't really get the Cueto comparisons that were said earlier though. He has a decent breaking ball. His FB is was not that impressive when I saw him.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?