Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I hate Facebook so much

Why I hate Facebook so much

I hate Facebook. because, it's now ok to get spam mail, it's ok to get ads on my feeds, ok to have a million things that want too get access to my FB and post under my name.. it's ok for me too get a hundred candy crush invites..but its not ok for me to send a friend request to a beautiful woman that commented on my friends post..come on Mark Zuckenburg you blocking me from my destiny :-).. why can't I make a"brand" new friend on a friend base site? Why won't they allow you to delete completely? Make it so easy for you to be discovered for employers. Facebook is my site, my personality, my place to vent. upload drunken nights. Why does Facebook have to be this way
    Last edited by DWS1125; 07-06-2013 at 01:29 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why I hate Facebook so much

Quote Originally Posted by DWS1125 View Post
    I hate Facebook. because, it's now ok to get spam mail, it's ok to get ads on my feeds, ok to have a million things that want too get access to my FB and post my name.. it's ok for me too get a hundred candy crush invites..but its not ok for me to send a friend request to a bbeautiful woman that commented on my friends post..come on Mark Zuckerman you blocking me from my destiny :-)
    All the beautiful women are on twitter. You've probably been catfished.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

4. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (07-06-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

You don't say.

I'm too smart to be catfished..I ask for three photos, listen to the sound of their voice on phone and have a three day rule to meet :-) Manti Teo is not my kind haha

I'm too smart to be catfished..I ask for three photos, listen to the sound of their voice on phone and have a three day rule to meet :-) Manti Teo is not my kind haha
    Wow, umm, uncomfortable, eh, eww, ick, wow?

For a Level Playing Field

come on Mark Zuckenburg you blocking me from my destiny :-).. Why does Facebook have to be this way
    You and Mark need to "have a friendly discussion, shake hands and then move on".

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    You and Mark need to "have a friendly discussion, shake hands and then move on".
    I read Facebook deactivated someone's page because they uploaded a picture of children rallying and picketing against GMO foods.. that is sad.

Yesterday I read that a boat captain in Scotland found the Loch Ness Monster.

Okay, your story is more likely realistic.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

11. Likes:

westofyou (07-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Yesterday I read that a boat captain in Scotland found the Loch Ness Monster.

Okay, your story is more likely realistic.
    do you feel enlightened?

Not particularly surprised, but I'd have to see the source.

Something that I find troubling in a completely different way is that the Supreme Court ruled that Monsanto, I think, owns a copyright on their genetically modified food to an extent that a farmer who grows it is not allowed to plant a new crop using seed from the old, because this is copyright infringement.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505124_1...-on-seed-suit/

I didn't think of it that way when I was typing it, but I may be venturing into political content here; I'm not sure.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 07-06-2013 at 12:57 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I hate Facebook. because, it's now ok to get spam mail, it's ok to get ads on my feeds, ok to have a million things that want too get access to my FB and post under my name.. it's ok for me too get a hundred candy crush invites..but its not ok for me to send a friend request to a beautiful woman that commented on my friends post..come on Mark Zuckenburg you blocking me from my destiny :-).. why can't I make a"brand" new friend on a friend base site? Why won't they allow you to delete completely? Make it so easy for you to be discovered for employers. Facebook is my site, my personality, my place to vent. upload drunken nights. Why does Facebook have to be this way
    A business doesn't have to do anything you want it to do.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Learn to code. Invest the money. Start your own brand new friend site. No one is stopping you.

As for why its ok to have ad on your feed and get hundreds of candy crush invites.... because you agreed to it when you signed up. Companies are out there to make money. That is exactly how facebook makes money, by selling advertising. It is how most websites make money.

You can permanently block invites to any of those stupid facebook games.

And not having adblock installed is your own fail.

17. Likes:

dougdirt (07-06-2013),Razor Shines (07-06-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    You can permanently block invites to any of those stupid facebook games.

And not having adblock installed is your own fail.
    As someone who runs a website that uses advertising to make money.... having an ad-blocker is the way to go. I disable it on several sites to help give them my $0.30 a month in advertising, but in the long run sites load faster, I don't get viruses and no longer do I have the volume way up on my speakers from watching a movie or listening to music and forget to turn them down only to have an ad blast my ear drums unexpectedly.

guys guys guys.. go out tonight.. meet a nice lady.. don't be a online troll.. You can't bait me :-) it's UFC FIGHT NIGHT
    Last edited by DWS1125; 07-06-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Turn Off Ads?