Turn Off Ads?

Thread: TQL

TQL

I have a phone interview with TQL tomorrow morning and I just wanted to see if anyone had any tips. The job is Logistics Account Executive that would have me in Cincinnati office for 12 to 18 months and then I would move to their Pittsburgh office. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: TQL

We haul loads for them on occasion. I have a pretty good handle on logistics, but more from the motor carrier end of things.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Retired

It's basically a sales job, nothing more. Long hours, etc.

I would read through a few of these, if you haven't already. Some of them sound pretty rough.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

That was good. Probably should have provided the link

http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Total-Qual...istics/reviews
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I would read through a few of these, if you haven't already. Some of them sound pretty rough.
    It sounds like your basic sales job. LoL. Been sending out more resumes around this also just to keep looking. I'm not expecting much of a response as I have no previous cold calling experience but still doing the interview for the sake of getting some under my belt.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

TQL is a phone pest. They'll have 5 or 6 different people calling and driving our traffic managers crazy. They act like they don't know other people are calling for the same purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie52 View Post
    TQL is a phone pest. They'll have 5 or 6 different people calling and driving our traffic managers crazy. They act like they don't know other people are calling for the same purpose.
    Yea, that's one thing that worries me about the job (everyone having the same database for looking for clients). I interviewed for the sales side so I don't know if I would be contributing to that or if you all would be bothering me because someone messed up something LOL.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Yea, that's one thing that worries me about the job (everyone having the same database for looking for clients). I interviewed for the sales side so I don't know if I would be contributing to that or if you all would be bothering me because someone messed up something LOL.
    From what I know, it's a standard churn and burn sales job. I do know a few folks that have made a ton there, but most don't see that success. You will have to sign a non-compete, and they do enforce it.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    From what I know, it's a standard churn and burn sales job. I do know a few folks that have made a ton there, but most don't see that success. You will have to sign a non-compete, and they do enforce it.
    Would that be I just cant work for UPS, other logistics type places or what exactly would that entail just so I know going in to it? I kind of would like to at least get the training for my disposal and use this as a starter job even if it doesn't work out in the long run.

William Arthur Ward

Would that be I just cant work for UPS, other logistics type places or what exactly would that entail just so I know going in to it? I kind of would like to at least get the training for my disposal and use this as a starter job even if it doesn't work out in the long run.
    Given the specific questions you have, I think it makes sense for you to consult with an attorney. As to taking their training, which you didn't have already, and using it elsewhere, they tend not to like that.

You may want to read this (discusses a 2007 TQL non-compete case):

http://www.gsblaw.com/news/legal_upd...n_contractors/

I appreciate the information shared in this thread but got the standard "thank you for your interest" rejected email about 20 minutes ago.

William Arthur Ward

I appreciate the information shared in this thread but got the standard "thank you for your interest" rejected email about 20 minutes ago.
    Sorry to hear that. Best of luck going forward.

Turn Off Ads?