Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Semi-Live Blog Thread Thingy From Texas This Weekend

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Re: My Semi-Live Blog Thread Thingy From Texas This Weekend

Sorry about the game Ed.

I know the feeling. My Dad, brother, and I have done the trip to Cincy for 6-10 games at a time and seen the whole gambit. We've seen 8 straight losses. We've seen Whitesox fans boo us out of our own stadium, arrived in Cincy in first place, and left down by 5 games. I think over a three year streak we had a combined 3-15 record in attendance or something like that.

It's not fun.... but if you go to enough games the good moments start happening when you least expect it. That's baseball. Hopefully the next 2 games are kinder to you.

2. Likes:

Redeyecat (06-29-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

My wife an I were at both games in Oakland. Believe me, I feel your pain brother.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    it is lunchtime and there is some mighty fine people watching outside of the Love's station.
    If you like Love's, and ever have occasion to get farther into Texas, try Buc-ee's sometime.

I didn't have high hopes for this series against the Rangers... not even in March when I noticed it on the schedule for the first time. The Rangers have more pitching than the Reds have hitting.
    /r/reds

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    If you like Love's, and ever have occasion to get farther into Texas, try Buc-ee's sometime.

I didn't have high hopes for this series against the Rangers... not even in March when I noticed it on the schedule for the first time. The Rangers have more pitching than the Reds have hitting.
    You can't turn around down here in Houston without seeing some teenager wearing a Buc-ee's tee shirt.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Sorry about the game Ed.

I know the feeling. My Dad, brother, and I have done the trip to Cincy for 6-10 games at a time and seen the whole gambit. We've seen 8 straight losses. We've seen Whitesox fans boo us out of our own stadium, arrived in Cincy in first place, and left down by 5 games. I think over a three year streak we had a combined 3-15 record in attendance or something like that.

It's not fun.... but if you go to enough games the good moments start happening when you least expect it. That's baseball. Hopefully the next 2 games are kinder to you.
    I am 0-6 in the games that I have attended at GABP.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

That was a total dud. Left after the 8th so my buddy get home faster...the heat was oppressive even at 10:00 p.m. and the Reds looked really miserable from start to finish. The team is playing like garbage right now and I officially concerned that this might not just be a random bad streak. The fact that good teams continue to pound us into oblivion is a concern. Not panicking yet, but the red flags are raised.
    I just spent the week in the Metroplex area, Cleburne - just SW of Fort Worth, and I thought it was rather pleasant outside after the sun went down. Of course, I live in Houston, so that might explain things. And I hadn't just watched my favorite team wilt in the sun for a couple of hours.

is this really a "semi-live" thread

Worth The Wait

Been a great day; slept in a little; went for a quick jog (scorching even at 9:00 a.m) a d spent the afternoon at my friend's house with other friends and their kids--- swimming, beer, cooking out.... Ate at a local sportsbar near ballpark and we are now in our seats about 20 rows behind home plate. In the shade.

Not sure how to put this in a PC manner, but anyone who has ever been here will know what I'm talking about... DFW area... Summer.... Outdoor activity...... Whoa.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Good day to be in the Texas shade, Edskin. It hit 108 here in San Antonio today, an all-time record for June! I can't imagine sitting in a ballpark in those temps.

Cheer loud and do your part to help the Reds win tonight.
    /r/reds

Worth The Wait

Pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Worth The Wait

It's a crime this game is tied B8, Leake pitched a gem and Votto/Cozart and our cold bats let him down.

Worth The Wait

Absurd decision by Baker to pitch Parra over Chapman.

Worth The Wait

Funny game... Mes blows the bunt attempt and looks awful doing so. They call it off, and he crushes one to left. It was a no doubter.... I get my wish now to see Chappy pitch live.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    is this really a "semi-live" thread
    Like Schroedinger's cat.

Worth The Wait

Much better. Great day capped off by a much needed W.

Leake was fantastic. He had the Rangers guessing wrong all night long... I think he easily had complete game type of stuff working, but that third inning killed him. He earned six outs that inning. Even with that, he really hung tough. MVP of the game by a mile.

It worked to perfection, but I strongly disagreed with Dusty choosing Parra and Hoover over Chapman. Like I said, it worked out perfectly, but I disagree philosophically. We also got lucky.... Moreland crushed that ball off Parra to start the 9th; missed ending the game by about three feet. My buddy asked if Dusty was going to protest the game because the Rangers were using their closer in a non save situation

Still think we look a bit sluggish and sloppy right now-- especially in the field. Also had some terrible AB's early in the game off Tepesch when we could have blown it open. BP looks weird to me right now--- his body language seems different and he was jawing with the umps after outs and it was not accompanied by his normal more playful expressions. Not sure what's up there.

Entertaining game, moved fairly smoothly despite going to extras. Was very fearful that I'd see them get swept, so I am a little relieved. Had a great time tonight. Lots of Reds fans dotted throughout the stadium. Both nights we've had plenty of Reds fans around us.... Clear cheers when we do something good.

18. Likes:

RFS62 (06-30-2013), texasdave (06-30-2013)

Turn Off Ads?