Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/29/13 - Reds @ Texas

Re: 6/29/13 - Reds @ Texas

Well, bad news is Leake gave up a run. But the good news is he got through the inning with only nine pitches so if he can remain effective, he should be able to last at least 8 IP.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

OK. Middle of the order up. Need runs.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    "Somewhat"?
    Haha. It's like saying George O'Leary had a "somewhat" short stint as Notre Dame's head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    OK, I'll bite. Did the COWBOY actually give a reason why they might be tight?
    The more the losses pile up and the bad hitting with RISP continues....the more you probably start questioning that you can do it when the opportunity presents itself. There are no vocal leaders here....how Phillips is an introvert in the dugout, according to Arroyo...is beyond me. Do the players wonder if he is just putting on a show with the fans and people who come by and visit, but then turns into a mute in the dugout?
    Remember when the Reds said losing Tony took out the team's buffer for the big 3 egos and the one person who could loosen the clubhouse. Even in 1975...barely playing .500...they were tight too. I know there are other variables...but this stuff counts too.

I love how FOX keeps bringing up the 3 errors in one inning thing. Keep twisting that knife. Haha.

Jay takes kind of a half-swing at the ball ... and still flies out deep to LF. Imagine if he would have swung hard there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Should be 4-1 now and 55 pitches in the bottom of 6....1 out
    Probably should be more like 6-1 Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    The more the losses pile up and the bad hitting with RISP continues....the more you probably start questioning that you can do it when the opportunity presents itself. There are no vocal leaders here....how Phillips is an introvert in the dugout, according to Arroyo...is beyond me. Do the players wonder if he is just putting on a show with the fans and people who come by and visit, but then turns into a mute in the dugout?
    Remember when the Reds said losing Tony took out the team's buffer for the big 3 egos and the one person who could loosen the clubhouse. Even in 1975...barely playing .500...they were tight too. I know there are other variables...but this stuff counts too.
    Maybe they should hire a cheerleader to sit in the dugout and lead cheers. Isn't this the same team team that won the division by nine games and everyone was raving about their wonderful chemestry? Now we find out that the problem is BP doesn't make enough noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    I love how FOX keeps bringing up the 3 errors in one inning thing. Keep twisting that knife. Haha.
    It's THE story of this game (so far). That and Leake's pitching.

Can we sign that ballgirl down the right field line?

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Probably should be more like 6-1 Reds.
    Or 8-1. If Bruce and Paul don't turn into Stubbs salt pillars down 0-2 and 1-2 with the bases juiced.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Knowin' nothing in life but to be legit...

2 runs this inning boys, lets do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I think it is to some degree. The criticism of him is because he's not been playing well. But the degree of frustration directed at him might be some residual frustration over Votto and the rest of the team not playing well, and people don't want to be too unhappy at the guys that have produced a lot in the past, so it's directed at the guys that havent.
    For me it would be or should directed at Walt. Walt puts up a Gone Fishing sign after Opening Day and expects the Reds to just make due it seems. I do not expect the Cincy Shuttle that Bowden used to have but I also want more than Shuffle on the Carnival Cruise style of movement to at least shore up the bench. Like you said..his money could be a wash if he is let go. Heisey should already be looked at as someone that you can find a replacement for already.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    Can we sign that ballgirl down the right field line?
    What's her Brutus Run Average?
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

I have to say, I think the fact the Rangers wear red helmets with blue and white uniforms is awesome.

Turn Off Ads?