Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/29/13 - Reds @ Texas

Re: 6/29/13 - Reds @ Texas

Though the scoreboard doesn't say it, I still consider this to be a shutout by Leake through four innings. He's pitching really well.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Likes:

New York Red (06-29-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Folks I agree Hannahan's hitting has been poor. But he didn't make the errors to cost this lead.

5. Likes:

Red Raindog (06-29-2013)

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    And that's worlds apart from being televised nationally.
    Good God... Relax... they are on Fox Sport National... lighten up.

Can earned runs come and go...at one point during that bad inning Leake was listed on game cast as having an ER....since then it now shows 0ER.

Leake should be taking a one-hit shutout to the 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    Montana = Os/Yankees in a 9 to 0 blowout.

I'm sick and tired of Fox Saturday baseball. I buy the Extra Innings package and have a zillion channels on satellite. Can't watch it on MLB.com either. No matter what I would pay, I still can't watch the Saturday night game I want. It is stupid.
    Yep, I'm tired of paying for a "full season" of MLB.tv to only get 6 nights a week, not counting off days, which Saturday never is barring rain out.
    Is it "next season" yet?

10. Likes:

Kiko (06-29-2013)

Can earned runs come and go...at one point during that bad inning Leake was listed on game cast as having an ER....since then it now shows 0ER.
    Yeah the official scorer can change a ruling as to what constitutes a hit/error or an earned/unearned run. The first run was initially ruled an earnie, but got changed after the inning.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I think leaving the bases loaded tightened this team up tonight. This should be a laugher at this point. Their top HR guy missed one practically on a tee and their lefty hitting righty killer took an even fatter one. I could hear the sound of the mass butt-puckering all the way here in the midwest.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

13. Likes:

malcontent (06-29-2013)

After 4 innings, Rangers 3, Reds 2.
    Tepesch 76 pitches, 46 strikes.
    Leake 54 pitches, 35 strikes.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

I was asking about that earlier. It is possible for a run to go from earned to unearned, depending on how the inning plays out, but I don't know why that would have been the case in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    Good God... Relax... they are on Fox Sport National... lighten up.
    Call the team I root for little leaguers (to paraphrase) and expect some pushback. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    When was the last time the Reds DFA'd someone?
    Not sure....but someone should be. A message needs to be sent to this team, some how, some way.

Choo starts it off with a base hit.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Brantley said the Reds are playing tight and it does seem that way. Not hitting with men in scoring position, now fielding lapses.
    OK, I'll bite. Did the COWBOY actually give a reason why they might be tight?
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Choo continues to destroy right-handed pitching.

Turn Off Ads?