Turn Off Ads?
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849

Thread: 6/29/13 - Reds @ Texas

Re: 6/29/13 - Reds @ Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Are you being serious or just trying to get everyone upset? It's like even a win does not have a caveat of someone looked hurt or off.
    Just telling you what I saw. Guess I'll put my Reds colored glasses on in here from now on.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    Just telling you what I saw. Guess I'll put my Reds colored glasses on in here from now on.
    That's not what I said...what does asking about him actually hurting have to do with being rose colored glasses on? You saw it but no one else mentioned it...so when I do not get to see these games, like several people cannot I can only go on someone's word.

I saw him wincing too. Could be nothing, I hope it's nothing.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Cards are 2-5 in the last 7 games...
    Yes, but in the last 10 games, we've fallen a game behind them. Makes me glad we have a half season to do better (which is really is something to think about).

Last year on June 29th, the Reds were 42-34, and had a one game lead over the Pirates and 2,5 over the Cardinals. We've improved from a .553 winning percentage to .568 and still find ourselves 4.5 games behind the Pirates and 1.5 games behind the Cardinals. In the last 10 games, we're 3-7.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Yes, but in the last 10 games, we've fallen a game behind them. Makes me glad we have a half season to do better (which is really is something to think about).

Last year on June 29th, the Reds were 42-34, and had a one game lead over the Pirates and 2,5 over the Cardinals. We've improved from a .553 winning percentage to .568 and still find ourselves 4.5 games behind the Pirates and 1.5 games behind the Cardinals. In the last 10 games, we're 3-7.
    The Reds and the Cards have stunk lately. Cherry pick end points if you must. The Reds have gained on the Cards since the 2 teams played each other 3 weeks ago, see how easy that was.

On a bigger note, I sure hope Shelby Miller turns into a pumpkin soon. (The A's did their part) If he is dominant it will be a tough 6+ years for the Reds.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

That felt like an important win. Another one tomorrow would look even nicer heading into July.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smith288 View Post
    HOLY CRAP.... I am so flabberghasted the Reds won this game. Texas should be cutting themselves for this one.
    It wouldn't hurt to just sit back for a bit and observe how posts work around here.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    The Reds and the Cards have stunk lately. Cherry pick end points if you must. The Reds have gained on the Cards since the 2 teams played each other 3 weeks ago, see how easy that was.

On a bigger note, I sure hope Shelby Miller turns into a pumpkin soon. (The A's did their part) If he is dominant it will be a tough 6+ years for the Reds.
    Totally agree and the Buccos and the Redbirds seem to have an easier schedule. For instance, the Pirates are playing the Brewers at home and we are playing the Rangers in 100 degree heat. But regardless, we're playing pretty good ball, but the two teams ahead of us are playing better ball right now. Now the trick is to catch up.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I know math and math says it is possible.
    And he tied a major league all time record!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Personally, I doing my best to completely ignore the Pirates and Cardinals. The only thing the Reds should focus on is themselves. If they play well, they'll win the division. As fans, we should just enjoy the ride. If another team plays out of their minds and ends up ahead of us, tip your cap to them. But this team is MORE than good enough as is.

For you guys who have been pulling their hair out of late, looking at things this way might make your life have a bit more sanity in it. Enjoy the little things. Leake throwing a great game. Devin stepping up with the game winner. Choo snapping his slump with a solid game. Manny freaking Parra throwing well. I know...I'm stunned too. :O)

12. Likes:

hebroncougar (06-30-2013),NebraskaRed (06-30-2013),Tom Servo (06-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Personally, I doing my best to completely ignore the Pirates and Cardinals. The only thing the Reds should focus on is themselves. If they play well, they'll win the division. As fans, we should just enjoy the ride. If another team plays out of their minds and ends up ahead of us, tip your cap to them. But this team is MORE than good enough as is.

For you guys who have been pulling their hair out of late, looking at things this way might make your life have a bit more sanity in it. Enjoy the little things. Leake throwing a great game. Devin stepping up with the game winner. Choo snapping his slump with a solid game. Manny freaking Parra throwing well. I know...I'm stunned too. :O)
    I think the slump busting thread had quite a bit to to with it. Now let me ask this.....who is this Jay Bruce fella, and when's he going to start hitting?

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    It wouldn't hurt to just sit back for a bit and observe how posts work around here.
    Yea, I'm pretty much a noob. *snort*

Turn Off Ads?