Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/29/13 - Reds @ Texas

Re: 6/29/13 - Reds @ Texas

The 1st pich swinging with runners on has been nightmarish

2. Turn Off Ads?

Shame on us for thinking the combination of Frazier, Meso and Robinson was going to produce there. Overwhelming mediocrity.

Leake done already? That's surprising. He was only at 86 pitches and coming off a quick and easy inning.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    We all knew how valuable his leadership was, but we're seeing that maybe he was even more valuable as a leader than we thought. Maybe we should hire him as the dugout coach.
    Right. Because this team never played tight when Rolen was here. Or maybe the No Hitter in 2010 and the error filled game three didn't happen. They beat the Giants after going up 2-0 on the road right?

I was for bringing Rolen back, but leadership wasn't why. Now that Frazier has shown pretty good defense at 3B, I'm no longer interested.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He is better than Hannahan, but simply replacing him on the roster doesn't automatically make it an upgrade because Hannahan hardly plays and sucks. So it doesn't hurt much. Rolen would play a lot more and still suck, just a little less, but would play more and thus potentially make the team worse. I have no faith that Dusty would still keep Frazier as the starter if he had Rolen on the roster.
    ahh yes, roster decisions made so Dusty won't screw things up. The sign of a great manager.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    can't let blue make the call for you with bases loaded and 2 strikes. Foul it off and live to see another pitch.
    Don't blame the player for doing what he should have done in the situation because the umpire messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    Shame on us for thinking the combination of Frazier, Meso and Robinson was going to produce there. Overwhelming mediocrity.
    Mediocrity gets Heisey in with that situation.

9. Likes:

malcontent (06-29-2013)

Todd Frazier just ruined that inning. He has no clue how to give a professional at bat. That was not major league quality.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Leake done already? That's surprising. He was only at 86 pitches and coming off a quick and easy inning.
    He had 93 pitches.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He is better than Hannahan, but simply replacing him on the roster doesn't automatically make it an upgrade because Hannahan hardly plays and sucks. So it doesn't hurt much. Rolen would play a lot more and still suck, just a little less, but would play more and thus potentially make the team worse. I have no faith that Dusty would still keep Frazier as the starter if he had Rolen on the roster.
    You don't know that Rolen would "suck." After all this rest, I bet he would be fine. Definitely an upgrade over the crap we're currently seeing out there. I think you forget how good Scott Rolen was when he was healthy, even at an advanced age. He was broken down the last two years. It's worth a shot. Nothing could be worse than Jack Hannahan. And our starter isn't anything to write (or even email) home about.

Wish Leake was out there

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Wish Leake was out there
    As our starting third baseman when he's not pitching? Interesting.

Are we seriously still talking about Scott Rolen? He's RETIRED. Move on.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Not a "middle-of-the-order" bat?
    No, I mean is Hanigan hurt? Mes has played of the last 7 games....
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Todd Frazier just ruined that inning. He has no clue how to give a professional at bat. That was not major league quality.
    Frazier is a top notch hacker. See pitch, hit pitch. He is gonna be a far streakier guy than Bruce even.

Turn Off Ads?