Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/29/13 - Reds @ Texas

Re: 6/29/13 - Reds @ Texas

Mitch Williams called that one

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

*whew* I thought that was gone. I don't care about the save situation. I care about the way pitchers are warmed up. If you warm him up...use him, or shelve him for the game. Don't warm them up multiple times. I would've used him.

How those two shots have not left the park is beyond me.....we are atrocious but lucky so far.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    Mitch Williams is a fantastic color analyst and I've said it many times. I never would have expected it from him, but he's excellent.

Parra gets a ground out. Looks like we're going extras here (need one more though).

Dodgers getting hot, team to look out for in the WC race.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

If this game ends up being the Reds, it would be entirely in spite of themselves.

8. Likes:

Ironman92 (06-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    I hate that he is smarter than I want to give him credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I guess we can't complain about the offense tonight. 10 hits, 4 runs. The defense however...it's a shame for Leake. He deserved better.

Really? Parra? Chapman was warmed already. Why let him cool off in the hopes to use him later...just forcing him to warm up mulitple times? I don't normally pick on Dusty, but that doesn't make much sense to me.
    I can complain. The Reds had the bases loaded and the pitcher threw one up there on an absolute tee for Bruce and he missed it. After he K's, Paul came up and got an even fatter one and didn't even swing and eventually K'd to end the inning. Those two PAs were about as bad as anything we saw on defense tonight. Gotta hit the fat ones. Need at least a fly ball there.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Jay Bruce is one of those players who is so good defensively, his offense is like icing on the cake. He doesn't just make great plays with his legs and glove, but how often does anyone try to go first-to-third or second-to-home on him? Very rarely. His reputation is a weapon.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    How those two shots have not left the park is beyond me.....we are atrocious but lucky so far.
    Both teams have been lucky. Example: The Rangers are lucky that Jack Hannahan is on the Reds' roster.

Also, the whole "3 errors in one inning that led to 3 runs" thing. There was that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Save him for the save. The Dusty way.
    The Every Manager in MLB way. None of them bring in their closer on the road unless they have a lead.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Dodgers getting hot, team to look out for in the WC race.
    That's not a team I worry about until they at least get back to .500. Personally, I think they're toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Mitch Williams is a fantastic color analyst and I've said it many times. I never would have expected it from him, but he's excellent.

Parra gets a ground out. Looks like we're going extras here (need one more though).
    I've liked him on MLB for some time. Have only gotten to hear him do color like this a few times, but I'm a big fan. He absolutely nailed it on that last AB.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Righties have an OPS of 1.252 against Manny Parra this year. Why is he facing them in the 9th inning of a tie game?

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Jay Bruce is one of those players who is so good defensively, his offense is like icing on the cake. He doesn't just make great plays with his legs and glove, but how often does anyone try to go first-to-third or second-to-home on him? Very rarely. His reputation is a weapon.
    Did that come from his catch to start the inning?

Turn Off Ads?