Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Fly on a wall

CEO - Hal Morris Fanclub OC_Red's Avatar

Fly on a wall

Does anyone else ever wish they could be a fly on a wall in the Reds front office meetings?

No? Just me?

Indulge me then. I do wonder what sort of health the relationship is in between teh Dusty and the suits. Do you ever foresee a Billy Beane vs Art Howe lineup confrontation over the much maligned Z. Cozart entrenched in the 2 hole?

I don't know Walt, but from all indications, he has a directive to win now. I can't imagine he loves seeing his best hitter following one of the least productive 2 slots in the game.

Thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Re: Fly on a wall

I think many would like to be a talking fly on the wall and share our perspective as well. My beef isn't so much with Dusty but with the medical staff. They've cleared Cueto 2-3 times this season only to see him shelved again. Ludwick was slated to be out 1-2 months.. Now we may get him back mid August or September. Nick Massett hasn't pitched in what seems like forever. Sean Marshall he had the Cueto treatment. Just frustrating.. Then again they have no depth available outside of Cingrani.. They play short handed it seems like 60% of the season. That's my spiel...

4. Likes:

OC_Red (07-10-2013),remdog (07-10-2013)

You make a good case for flying into the medical staffs offices as well to do some recon. It's been a rather frustrating run playing short-manned on the 25 man roster. Would love to know the reasoning Walt and company have for staying the course with so many walking wounded, and he did the same thing last year as well. Is that on Walt? Maybe, but maybe it's on the medical staff more so? It's all speculation of course, but it's still interesting to consider the angles.

I'd rather be a fly on the wall during a Fox Sports Girls casting call.
    "Why you going to the Airport; flying somewhere?"

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nismoredlegs View Post
    I'd rather be a fly on the wall during a Fox Sports Girls casting call.
    Hearing now Lindsey Patterson is trying out.. She doesn't know it.. But I love her!

I'm guessing the Reds feel that both Hannigan and Mez will be better in a few days.
    I do like the idea that another poster had.. option one of the bullpen guys down to AAA and bring up a 3rd catcher to help everyone get healthy.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

9. Likes:

Old school 1983 (07-13-2013),RedlegJake (07-11-2013)

I'd be for giving Ashley his cup of coffee for a few days and letting Hannie and Mes rest. I'd also be down with Barnhart for a week or two just to let him see what he still needs to do. They do have an open spot and could jettison a couple guys little harm done.

11. Likes:

Old school 1983 (07-13-2013)

I too would be good with seeing either Ashley or Barnhart come up for a cup while our 2 regulars get their tools of ignorance repaired.

But I suspect that it won't happen.

Just as I suspect Cozart will remain firmly rooted in the 2 hole.

Turn Off Ads?